GLC250d Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mpg is the same so far. It's a hard flash no handheld device.

Thanks. The only reason come dealer time, I like to flash back to stock. Is due to software updates & they wipe the map.

Remaps can be detected,regardless of what people say & I agree a decent map, should not give any nasty surprises.

Just noticed your location, and that you drove to Cornwall. Why did you travel so far for a remap?

Thanks in advance Rappy:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks. The only reason come dealer time, I like to flash back to stock. Is due to software updates & they wipe the map.

Remaps can be detected,regardless of what people say & I agree a decent map, should not give any nasty surprises.

Just noticed your location, and that you drove to Cornwall. Why did you travel so far for a remap?

Thanks in advance Rappy:cool:

Every time I have a car remapped I tend to make a few days out of it with the family. Plus nothing like a run on the rollers.

As mentioned before I trust this company a lot with my cars so for me the drive to their HQ is worth it.

Around the dealers, my local dealer turns a blind eye and in the past has winked when they advised they had to update the engine software. A quick call back to Celtic and they came out mobile to reinstall the map.

It's true any dealer for any manufacture can detect a remap, some go to the effort to check for this as part of the service. I believe Audi and BMW especially..... but it would depend on your dealer, I'd imagine some plug the computer in and walk off for a cup of tea.

In the past I've remapped

- VW Jetta company car, never detected/noticed
- Ford focus never detected/noticed
- Honda accord never detected/noticed
- W204 220CDI wiped during service work dealer informed me but ok with warranty

So it really depends on your dealer and their workshop staff, a lot of dealers would even recommend a tuning company to you if you asked....

Thanks for that. Never delt with Celtic. Once mine lands I will be in contact with them. You sound like a happy customer & that is what sells a remap to me. A repeat customer ;)

Any ideas what price they charge?. Will send you a pm closer to the time.

Thanks again.

Rappy:cool:

On the newer car the tuning boxes can be hit and miss. The farther in law has a DTUK CRD T+ unit fitted to his ML250 and constantly activates the EML light on emissions. Hence as per my other vehicles I've gone remap, choose a reputable company and you can't go wrong.

Most of the gain on the 250 vs 220 is achieved by MB simply turning up the boost on the turbos. So if you plug a CRDT unit into a 250 on a standard tune like 4:1 you'll get over boost issues and EML light tripping, whereas fit one to a 220 with the same tune and you'll never have an issue.

So on the 250 you have to dial in a negative number for the boost part of the tune settings. Then you father in law should be ok, although he won't get as much as your remap, it will still be better over standard and also get a few more mpg.

cheers, Steve

Same as the S205 I had, it's got some good bass but the door speakers on a higher pitch can vibrate.

Seen this issue on another thread. Is the car really that bad?. My Golf is superb & now I'm questining my order :mad:

Please advise if you are still planning on getting rid?

Thanks,

Seen this issue on another thread. Is the car really that bad?. My Golf is superb & now I'm questining my order :mad:

Please advise if you are still planning on getting rid?

Thanks,

He backed it a couple of months ago and is now in a new GLC.

rappy25 said:
I thought he was talking about his GLC. I hope not. Rappy:cool:

Apologies I was indeed referring to the old S205 and not the GLC.

What was the bhp &,torque before?. Do you have any rolling road print outs.

Thanks,

What was it on the rollers, before & after the remap?.

Most stage 1's will see a 30/35 bhp. 51 bhp more, is a massive increase.

No roller data for my car as I never put it on the rollers. Your average tuner will only achieve a 31bhp increase, these guys have a great rep. I put my w204 on the rollers and it produced just over the quoted figures and an old Honda Accord was also spot on.

No roller data for my car as I never put it on the rollers. Your average tuner will only achieve a 31bhp increase, these guys have a great rep. I put my w204 on the rollers and it produced just over the quoted figures and an old Honda Accord was also spot on.

Sounds great & not knocking the map. But I've never see such a massive increase.

So on the drive to their HQ in Cornwall I managed 44/45mpg, return journey I managed near identical figures and if I'm honest i was driving a little heavy on the right foot.

Don't remaps mess up the trip computer MPG readings?

Rory said:
Don't remaps mess up the trip computer MPG readings?

Don't see why they would? I could understand a plug in box as this intercepts the sensor signals thus giving the engine false readings.

However I did a 190ish mile round trip on Saturday night over into Wales, a mix of A & B roads plus plenty of rain and driving a little spirited and I only used just over 1/4 tank of fuel. Trip computer showed 42.5mpg.

rappy25 said:
Sounds great & not knocking the map. But I've never see such a massive increase. Rappy:cool:

I believe these guys offer a money back guarantee.

Don't see why they would? I could understand a plug in box as this intercepts the sensor signals thus giving the engine false readings.

However I did a 190ish mile round trip on Saturday night over into Wales, a mix of A & B roads plus plenty of rain and driving a little spirited and I only used just over 1/4 tank of fuel. Trip computer showed 42.5mpg.

X1.

A remap is true data, vs a plug in box which will give miss readings.

I believe these guys offer a money back guarantee.

After having many cars remapped, those figures are stage 2 to me. I would love to see the rolling road before & after.

I'm not sure to be honest, hence the question. :)

I think the premise is: the trip computer works by counting injection pulses - some remaps alter the amount of fuel each pulse injects. So the same number of pulses but each one is bigger. Trip MPG looks the same but actual fuel used is greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom