• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

GLE Tyres Pirelli vs Michelin

vghiya

Car
GLE 300D
Hi All,
It’s time to replace my tyres on GlE 300d. Currently they have Pirelli PNCS fitted on them. As they are summer tyres, I have struggled lot with crabbing.so now thinking of moving to Michelin Pilot Sport tyres. Please let me know if there are any concerns that I should think about before moving to these tyres. One thing I have noticed is that Pirelli has 70dd noise rating while Michelin has 73 db. Not sure if that’s a deal breaker.
Thanks

I have MPS4S on the c63 and MPS4 on the SLK55 me personally would have Michelin over pirelli any day of the week

I have Pirelli PZero on a GLE at the moment, having had to remove Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S very prematurely because the tread blocks were peeing away from the carcasses on three or four tyres.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S were very impressive tyres but this experience has tarnished it a little for me. I’ve done more than than 170,009 miles in GLE equipped with Pirelli PZero though...

Which size are you looking for as that will influence your tyre choice.

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for your response. So I did some more research. Now I have decided to go down with Michelin mainly because its £100 cheaper than Pirellis :-). However, this decision threw up some more questions... life is never simple :) . I need two different variants of tyres on front and rear: 275/45/21 on front and 315/40/21 on rear. Both are available on Michelin Latitude Sport 3. However, Michelin Pilot 4 Sport has only front variant. It seems Pilot is the latest version v/s Latitude. So is it advisable to go with Michelin Latitude on both front and back. Or can I go with pilot on front and Latitude on back given that Pilots are newer release? Or am I overthinking and both options are ok.

If you're changing all four tyres then you're better off just choosing the same tires across all wheels.

My GLE has the same size tyres as you are after. Mine are the OEM Continental Sport Contact 6 on all 4 corners -- no complaints

kc

My GLE has the same size tyres as you are after. Mine are the OEM Continental Sport Contact 6 on all 4 corners -- no complaints

kc
I had these on my 1st C63 with only 1 complaint and that was longevity (6k miles )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom