Replacing tyres on a lease car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All done? ……………. And relax

Mercedes cars, they are the best.
Much better does seem, than all the rest.
For in these cars, we have great faith.
To protect us all, yes keep us safe.

But woa betide, if you aspire.
And fit upon, a mixed rear tyre.
A choice adverse, it be so rash.
It's thin ice now, you'll surely crash !

Agreed. This thread should have come to a screeching stop a long time ago, but was kept rolling by some self-proclaimed joke makers with over-inflated egos. Please close it at will, no pressure.

1 thing you def dont want to do is mix white walled tyres and black walled tyres, the white ones turn faster and as soon as you accelerate the world will turn on its axis and life as we know it will just float off the planet and disappear into outer space

What I’d really like to understand is what the tyres think of us. Do they consider us in the same light? Do they consider us fools?

What I’d really like to understand is what the tyres think of us. Do they consider us in the same light? Do they consider us fools?
I think they will feel a bit deflated by the discussion as it seems to be going round and round.

Tyre threads should be closed for new posts after 6 years, and removed completely after 10 years.

Just to bring this thread back into the groove, after reading this thread, I decided to have tyres fitted to my wife's new (non mb) lease car, and refit the originals before uplift at the end of contact. Intention is to fit new ones to driven axle only.

What are you going to do with the part worn ones once you’ve put the original ones back on?

What are you going to do with the part worn ones once you’ve put the original ones back on?
Probably scrap them, there won't be much tread left. It's a 2 year lease, expecting 30 k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom