• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Gran Turismo 5 - Official Trailer

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Anybody else looking forward to this?

[YOUTUBE]l2uQ2ayvvWY[/YOUTUBE]

Mods, thanks for fixing the typo :)

Last edited:
Need to buy a console just for that methinks

wish I never sold my Logitech G25 - ouch

wemorgan said:
Anybody else looking forward to this?

If it's anything at all like Prologue, then no, absolutely not!

A perfect example of a game written by car nerds. There's no excitement, no sense of speed, and no bl00dy fun!

Computer games are supposed to be games, after all.

PS: Anybody want a copy of Prologue? Only used twice.

If it's anything at all like Prologue, then no, absolutely not!

A perfect example of a game written by car nerds. There's no excitement, no sense of speed, and no bl00dy fun!

Computer games are supposed to be games, after all.

PS: Anybody want a copy of Prologue? Only used twice.

I've played Colin Mcrae Dirt and can recommend that for excitement.....the Pikes Peak especially :)

With GT5 I gather they are finally going to allow damage to the cars......maybe that will add to the excitement.

WOW that look fan-tastic, i may have to upgrade my xbox for a PS3 to get that......:cool:

Only a year late!

As for nerds? We're all on a Mercedes forum so what does that tell you? :D.

stats007 said:
As for nerds? We're all on a Mercedes forum so what does that tell you? :D.

;)

Yes, but there's nerds, and theres decibel-measuring, sound-sampling, micrometer-wielding nerds. And I assume they're fourteen and have never actually driven a car, because whilst they may have captured every physical aspect of the cars in GT5 - shape, sound, gear ratios - they've captured nothing of the feel. There's no slip, no break-away, no sensation of speed.

And I bet they all wear white socks too...

For what it's worth, I've only played GT5 prologue with a standard controller but played Colin Mcrae rally with steering wheel and pedals and can say the wheel and pedals make game playing leagues better than the controller. So wheel/pedals are a worth while purchase if you like driving games.

edit: in GT% chose the road tyres for more realistic car dynamics rather than the full race tyres. IMHO

Last edited:
Always a GT fan, but had to go over to Forza 2 for more realistic driving, sound etc. Both GT5 and Forza 3 look good but I will choose down to the collection of cars. Forza lacked a full range of amg cars and if GT5 returns with all and a few classics with improved handling I'll buy the game and a PS3. Still remember the 190 evo and w211 E55 around the ring on GT4 but the handling entertainment was not up to forza2 level. If GT5 has a w210 e55, would be a dream come true. Would have to see online gameplay as well from sony as again no comparison to xbox live user friendliness and amount of users.

Would have to see online gameplay as well from sony as again no comparison to xbox live user friendliness and amount of users.
At least PS3 online gaming is FREE! Never had any issues with user-friendliness or number of users myself.

i never play my ps3 and play the 360 every day

forza 3 will be the best game ever

For what it's worth, I've only played GT5 prologue with a standard controller but played Colin Mcrae rally with steering wheel and pedals and can say the wheel and pedals make game playing leagues better than the controller. So wheel/pedals are a worth while purchase if you like driving games.

edit: in GT% chose the road tyres for more realistic car dynamics rather than the full race tyres. IMHO

Which Wheel/Pedals would you recommend?

Which Wheel/Pedals would you recommend?

I was mixing up the game consuls a bit in my post.

Colin Mcrae Rally 2: I played on the PC, with wheel/pedals, maybe 6 years ago and found the game play a lot better than when using a joystick/keyboard/mouse.

I've played Colin Mcrae Dirt on PS3 with a standard control only, but did find the car dynamics much more engaging than GT3.

But I've never tried any PS3 games using wheels/pedals unfortunately. Though I have read good review of Logitech controllers.

I've played Dirt on the PC - I hated it, no feel through the wheel, crappy handling it was like an arcade game not a racing game.

If you like racing (on and off line) then R Factor is certainly worth a look

Logitech G25 is the one to go for. It only works with PS3/PC though and IMHO Forza 2 is the best driving game you can buy (Forza 3 isn't far off either) so for that reason I've got the Microsoft Wheel and Pedals with a WheelStandPro.

Wheel04.jpg

Wheel05.jpg

too many idiots on console to have a good race GT4 was more like bumper cars and the way car bounce off each other doesnt make it fun.Try GTR evolution for excellant realism and great races if you join online clubs. A logitec G25 will work with PS3 & PC and its a lovely piece of kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom