Group Buy of Isoft CR Pro ($$ Discount)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Opened mine up and followed the You Tube video on how to update
Did NOT do screen grabs as the You Tube video linked on their page does it all - albeit I kept stopping and following it step by step after watching it once through
It took a long time to download / update (close on 10 mins and that's on 212MB Virgin....)
Still its done, the buzzer is set off.

Wont get chance to play with it on a car now, as I have to look for tyres on the QQ :)wallbash:) following an event full drive to and from Devon which confirmed the front tyres which are at 3mm, are in need of replacement - I don't need a scanner to tell me that. And Blimey tyres are expensive!

Life eh?
Always get in the way.

Will report back any odd findings over the next two or three days, though.

PS If I find that someone has dropped turbo into my C207 I'd be happy!:devil:

Mine arrived bright and early this morning, so only have had the time to examine the unit, and briefly read the instruction's, all 14 pages of them. First thing that struck me was the way the instruction's were written.....definitely by some one whose English is not their mother tongue. 2nd point is the cable for connecting to the computer, uses an older ( very old ) connector, it's not quite square shaped, more two parallel lines with angled end's as against the more modern " crescent mouth" shaped one. Just thought this strange, when my older iCarsoft MB 11 model, has the newer connections. Presently, I have the update tool for the MB11 installed, on the laptop and wonder do I need to uninstall this one? before downloading the update tool for the CR PRO? Any ideas anyone?

Connection to the PC for updates should be USB

So if I connect via USB, will it automatically connect to the correct update tool? Because on the iCarsoft update site, there are several updates given.....and i can find an update for iCarsoft CR Plus, but not one for iCarsoft CR Pro?? any suggestions? I have the update tool for the iCarsoft MB11 installed...should I uninstall it?

Top of page 6 of this thread ;)

Yes, got it. Thanks. :)
First, I could not access www.icarsoftech.de, then there is a list of possible downloads, but none of them mentioning "iCarsoft CR PRO" specifically, the nearest I could find was "iCarsoft CR Plus" so I went with iCarsoft V2,,,and it accepted that...hope I made the right choice !!! You can see it the attached file. I Here its freezing cold, wet and windy, so I will wait a bit until it improves,,,then give it a good field test !!! Any report's from some one who has tested it out yet? :D
Just another comment, I was comparing it to the iCarsoft MB11, and the CR PRO, does not have the plastic ziplock bag that protects the unit when not in use, and neither does it have the foam buffer to protect in in the case....

Attachments

• iCarsoft Update.PNG
    iCarsoft Update.PNG
    135.8 KB · Views: 11
If you can report back on the Vauxhall car specifics that would be good :)

Better late than never.

Had a go with the Insignia and the scanner.
As well as engine data (OBD2), I can connect to what I believe are all the car modules.
I don't have many fault codes (a few things I've previously fixed e.g. window motor, heated seats open circuit), but I've poked around in the air con system data, and I can see dozens of live data points that all make sense e.g. system pressure, high pressure side temperature, the temperatures of all the sensors in the system (half a dozen), sun load on the car, fan speed, etc etc all in real time.
Same for the seat control module. Shows heated seats working, power settings etc (now all working after spending 4 days at Christmas de-upholstering and reupholstering both front seats to fit new heated seat mats).

So, for most stuff I'm ever likely to need on a Vauxhall, it seems to do the job.
You select 'Opel' as the manufacturer in iCarsoft, and when it gets to 'engine type', it didn't seem to matter what 2.0L engine I picked; it all seemed to show the same module access.

Out of interest, how do you get to see all the readings in the various modules?

Go into diagnostic, then once all the car choices are made, you can do a manual scan, and go into each module that comes up by scrolling to it and pressing enter to select it; then scroll down to 'data' or system data (bottom option), press enter, and then you should be presented with a list of all the data feeds/sensors available for that module. Scroll and press enter to select a sensor, then F1 or F2 (whichever one is not the 'run all' one) and the live data will be displayed.

Go into diagnostic, then once all the car choices are made, you can do a manual scan, and go into each module that comes up by scrolling to it and pressing enter to select it; then scroll down to 'data' or system data (bottom option), press enter, and then you should be presented with a list of all the data feeds/sensors available for that module. Scroll and press enter to select a sensor, then F1 or F2 (whichever one is not the 'run all' one) and the live data will be displayed.

But for the update download, MrGreedy, you selected the iCarsoft V1 & V2? and not the iCarsoft CR Plus? Thanks, Jm.

Yep, V1 & V2.
If you look through the list of supported products on the V1 V2 page, you will find the CR Pro also listed

Thanks a lot MrGreedy. I was reluctant to do a scan, until I was 100% sure that I had selected the right update. Now I have the GL. Thanks again !!! :D

Mine works and I have no codes

Not sure I selected the correct variant of car though, but does that make a difference?
How do I identify the correct model
And I presume the most current update version is the one to use?

None the wiser as to why brake hold has stopped working though.....:wallbash:
Must pour over the tiny tiny instructions

Mine works and I have no codes

Not sure I selected the correct variant of car though, but does that make a difference?
How do I identify the correct model
And I presume the most current update version is the one to use?

None the wiser as to why brake hold has stopped working though.....:wallbash:
Must pour over the tiny tiny instructions

Yes, the correct details have to be inputted.To be 100% sure of what model / type Merc you have, did you get the VIN decoded? That's the only guaranteed way to get the correct details of your car, and use that information when identifying the vehicle to the iCarsoft scanner.
Was the brake hold working ok before you scanned it?

Whoops, it looks like I've missed this, just as I decided t take the plunge :(

upload_2020-2-19_6-14-58.png

Yes, the correct details have to be inputted.To be 100% sure of what model / type Merc you have, did you get the VIN decoded? That's the only guaranteed way to get the correct details of your car, and use that information when identifying the vehicle to the iCarsoft scanner.
Was the brake hold working ok before you scanned it?

I do have those details but didn't have them when I jumped in the car, so will have to go and find them
And no, it didn't work on the way home from work which spurred me on to plug in

May have to and use the search function on brake hold.......

Think the ship has sailed. I have been trying to buy but it's saying that it is not a valid discount code - $ugger!

Just came back from a break and the code no longer works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just came back from a break and the code no longer works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've asked if they will agree a day to put it back on for any stragglers. let's see what they say.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've asked if they will agree a day to put it back on for any stragglers. let's see what they say.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity Ian, how many units were bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom