Gtechniq Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
Just had my W205 done with Gtechniq Protection Crystal Serum Black with EXO.

Paintwork coated with Crystal Serum Black then topped with EXO

Gtechniq Protection Glass G6 then coated with Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass.

Gtechniq Protection Wheels

Gtechniq W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover. All 4 wheels then coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour.

The job took nearly 3 days, I was talking to the Company owner and was slightly surprised to hear him recommend a top coat of a superior Wax after 7 to 10 days, I was thinking the Gtechniq was the end of polishing :dk:

Anyone have any suggestions as to what is best to buy!

Just had my W205 done with Gtechniq Protection Crystal Serum Black with EXO.

Paintwork coated with Crystal Serum Black then topped with EXO

Gtechniq Protection Glass G6 then coated with Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass.

Gtechniq Protection Wheels

Gtechniq W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover. All 4 wheels then coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour.

The job took nearly 3 days, I was talking to the Company owner and was slightly surprised to hear him recommend a top coat of a superior Wax after 7 to 10 days, I was thinking the Gtechniq was the end of polishing :dk:

Anyone have any suggestions as to what is best to buy!

I've been using Pinnacle Souveran wax for many years now. It's expensive at about £80 but not stupid expensive.
It goes on easy and comes off easy too. One tub does about 10 waxes.
http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/db_images/PinnacleSouveranPast1.jpg

Last edited:
My previous car had all the Gtechniq treatments applied by Ed @ Devine. After ever wash I'd give it a spray over with Sonax BSD and it looked as good after 2 years as the day it was done.

In fact, the driver who collected the car at the end of the lease commented on how good it looked.

Same as me Ian, I bought my CLS from Ed's partners dad so Ed had given it the Gtechniq treatment before I bot it. Tis very good stuff. :)

Just had my G wagon done.. time will tell!

Only had Gtechniq experience with C5, which I applied myself to my newly refurbed wheels back in November 2016. They still look great and everything just rinses off effortlessly. Fantastic stuff.

Just had my S63 done by "AllThatGleams", in Chilworth, Surrey, who reckon that GTechniq QuickDetail is all that is required after washing.

By the way, great service from these guys if you're in the Surrey area, now just need someone to vacuum the roads before I go out.

Attachments

• W221-1.jpg
    W221-1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 39
  • W221-2.jpg
    W221-2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 36
Is Ed doing Gtechniq now? When I was doing my SLK he used Kamikaze Ism coating. I'm thinking of doing new car protection and trying to decide which company to use.

Is Ed doing Gtechniq now? When I was doing my SLK he used Kamikaze Ism coating. I'm thinking of doing new car protection and trying to decide which company to use.

I think he's probably still do it if someone really wanted it applied.

I was intending on having Kamikaze applied to the CLS as the current coating is probably due a change.

I was talking to the Company owner and was slightly surprised to hear him recommend a top coat of a superior Wax after 7 to 10 days, I was thinking the Gtechniq was the end of polishing :dk:

Crystal Serum + EXO = Crystal Serum Black. IIRC, this combination provides up to 7 years of paint protection. You do not say what colour your car is but generally darker paints are visually more pleasing when coated with a carnauba wax. It has the effect of slightly muting the uber-sterile retina-searing shine of a glass coating to give a warmer mile-deep gloss you could drown in. On lighter paints it is harder to generate that mirror-like reflectivity hence a synthetic last stage protection like Sonax BSD is generally preferred.

Pinnacle Souveran, as mentioned in a previous post, is an excellent mid-range wax which punches way above it's weight. An 8 oz. pot should be good for around 30 applications. The biggest mistake you can make with a wax is to slather it on. Think of it as applying wax fumes, the paint surface will only accept a coating of wax that is barely a micron thick. Apply any more and you are simply wasting product and giving yourself extra work to remove it. There's nothing wrong with the popular waxes like Collinite or Autoglym's High Definition Wax which comes in at half the price of Souveran but in the greater scheme of things, as a percentage of the cost of your ceramic coating, the £80 Souveran doesn't represent a massive outlay.

8 oz.Pinnacle Souveran Kit on Amazon £79.99 delivered

To put things into perspective, you could always plump for this bad boy :thumb:

Zymol Vintage Glaze

Crystal Serum + EXO = Crystal Serum Black. IIRC, this combination provides up to 7 years of paint protection. You do not say what colour your car is but generally darker paints are visually more pleasing when coated with a carnauba wax. It has the effect of slightly muting the uber-sterile retina-searing shine of a glass coating to give a warmer mile-deep gloss you could drown in. On lighter paints it is harder to generate that mirror-like reflectivity hence a synthetic last stage protection like Sonax BSD is generally preferred.

Pinnacle Souveran, as mentioned in a previous post, is an excellent mid-range wax which punches way above it's weight. An 8 oz. pot should be good for around 30 applications. The biggest mistake you can make with a wax is to slather it on. Think of it as applying wax fumes, the paint surface will only accept a coating of wax that is barely a micron thick. Apply any more and you are simply wasting product and giving yourself extra work to remove it. There's nothing wrong with the popular waxes like Collinite or Autoglym's High Definition Wax which comes in at half the price of Souveran but in the greater scheme of things, as a percentage of the cost of your ceramic coating, the £80 Souveran doesn't represent a massive outlay.

8 oz.Pinnacle Souveran Kit on Amazon £79.99 delivered

To put things into perspective, you could always plump for this bad boy :thumb:

Zymol Vintage Glaze

Thanks for the detailed information! (no pun intended) :rock:

The Coulour of my C Class is in my Signature! :D

The Coulour of my C Class is in my Signature! :D

Doh! Feeble eyesight comes as an accessory to old age :wallbash:

Hyacinth red is my favourite colour and will really benefit from being topped off with a decent carnauba wax. Here's Red Ken wearing his Blackfire "Wet Ice over Fire" kit.

C0rSx7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom