• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Harman kardon iPod connection

slk simon

Hi there,we have an slk55 with harman kardon stereo and have the correct mb connecting lead to iPod classic but it won’t connect it just comes up device not connected? Any ideas? Thank you, regards Simon

I had a similar issue with an iPhone not being recognised when connected via the media interface on an R172 SLK55. I cured it by resetting COMAND (in the System menu, from memory). You will lose any saved destinations, radio presets, Bluetooth pairings etc. but it's worth a shot.

Hi there, tried that still telling me nothing connected? Regards Simon

Hmm…

Is the iPod connected directly to the black 30-pin connector of the Mercedes lead?

Hi Simon, the MB head units are very fussy about which lead will work with the MMI. Has this lead worked with this iPod and head unit before?

Hi Simon, the MB head units are very fussy about which lead will work with the MMI. Has this lead worked with this iPod and head unit before?
Hi there, have only just bought the car and the lead came with it so don’t know, however there is a usb lead also and if I put my iPod into that it won’t work either.thank you Simon

If your mmi lead has a mb part number you could ask command if it is the right one. They will be able to sort you out a replacement too if you have the wrong one. They are a forum sponsor and are really helpful guys. I had the same issue with my 2010 a207 and they pointed me in the right direction.

If your mmi lead has a mb part number you could ask command if it is the right one. They will be able to sort you out a replacement too if you have the wrong one. They are a forum sponsor and are really helpful guys. I had the same issue with my 2010 a207 and they pointed me in the right direction.
Hi there, that sounds like a plan! How do I get in touch with them? Thank you. Regards Simon

How do I get in touch with them?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom