Have all the c*cks moved to MB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I love these generalisation threads, they're good for letting off a bit of steam.

+1

love your avatar Sweetpea :thumb:

I love these generalisation threads, they're good for letting off a bit of steam.

But not when they're aimed at nice law-abiding inoffensive C class drivers. I can go to the BM forum to be insulted you know...:ban:

only driven the car twice and both times i had 3 or 4 incidents of abuse directed at me. It as if people think, why is this guying driving not like the stig.
I just slowed down to turn into my drive and i got beeped and someone shouted something.
Strangest thing, in the S600 no one ever does anything.
Either when i am bombing around or cruising.
As Clarkson said (even so he meant the big 600), nobody carves you up in a 600, probably thinking they might end up in a bodybag.

The thread isn't about the C Class or C Class drivers - both of which I'm sure there are wonderful and fine examples :)

It's about c*cks who, based on the thoroughly imprecise evidence of my 20 mile drive on the M20 this morning appear to have abandoned Audi's in favour of the C Class.

The thread isn't about the C Class or C Class drivers - both of which I'm sure there are wonderful and fine examples :).

No good trying to backtrack...us C guys are right up the swanny...now where's that Volvo brochure...:D

The thread isn't about the C Class or C Class drivers - both of which I'm sure there are wonderful and fine examples :)

It's about c*cks who, based on the thoroughly imprecise evidence of my 20 mile drive on the M20 this morning appear to have abandoned Audi's in favour of the C Class.

About a month ago I saw a fine example of this on a local, free flowing, dual carriageway.

Said c0ck had rammed his W204 into the back of a Mitsu Evo, pushing that into an Audi, so hard that all three were immobile and the glass from the windows was on the road behind all the cars as they were still moving at some pace at the point of impact.

Quite how he had managed it was a mystery.

Last edited:
From my experience, I'd say a significant number of c*cks are now in Skoda Octavia 1.9tdis. A large % of those appear to be stuck in the outside lane rut, at near to vMax.

Although a slightly different reason probably exists for this phenomenom, i.e. they're p155ed that they got the 'lesser' deal in the VAG company car handout sweepstake, and have some inadequacy-based point to prove...

I am a w204 c class sport driver and i drive like miss daisy lol

I am a w204 c class sport driver and i drive like miss daisy lol

I have no doubt that is true. Bit rich these pipe-smoking old dads and grand-dads poddling about in their Es dissing our driving isn't it??:dk::dk::p

First the BMW 3 Series was the bellend's weapon of choice. Then came the Audi A4 S-Line 2.0Tdi, beloved of recruitment consultants everywhere. The arrival of the W204 C-class with it's more aggressive styling seems to have given it less of an 'old man' image than previous models, which perhaps goes some way towards explaining its popularity with outside lane tw*ts. These things are cyclical so they'll go back to BMW next.

I don't really see a great deal wrong with doing 100+ on a CLEAR motorway,ie good visibility and plenty of distance left between other vehicles but agree with the op that driving inches from someone else's bumper at motorway speeds is cockish behaviour.

However one thing which really irritates me are those people who leave a huge gap between them and the car in front in a traffic jam, it takes about a foot to stop from 2mph not 200 yards!!!!!.

I do a bit of motorway driving, and to narrow it down to C class (w204) drivers doing 100 MPH right up someone`s backside on a motorway i think is a bit narrow minded :wallbash:

When i have been on the motorway i have seen some right Diks in SL`s, E`s, AMG`s, CLK`s, SLK `s and in every other Class of MERCEDES :doh:

So its not just one class and not just Mercedes, There are DIKS in all makes of car

There got that off my chest :thumb:

Last edited:
I found the exact same when I had a BMW M3. That is why I moved to MB.

Maybe it's the AMG badge more than simply the SL ?

It's not the make of car it's the perceived £££ value. or as I think they see it "I can't afford it, so U can 'F' off"

e.g. look at him in his Big Merc... "have some of that" from my ******(Insert lesser car here) ...

It's the way a fair chunk of the UK behave IMHO I get this whether I'm in our Old Porsche, New Golf or W208.
Every little wanabee wants to race or does something silly to get in front of the 911, and I let them.
It's taken to long to get my 911 to bin it informing a little Herbert of Porsche racing credentials
I'm pretty sure if they "want some"* on a trackday my trusty old Porsche would "tear them a new one"*

It's not worth saying anything, hopefully they'll get it when they grow up.

Another poster mentioned there is a big difference between driving quick and driving like a tool, there is a time and a place, rush hour, busy twisty A road's ect is not it. :doh:
Clear roads, good weather and well It's a free country...All the Police are in London anyway :D

* I believe thats the right terms from the yoof of today lol

Quite honestly, I think it's futile to try to analyse the behaviour of your so-called c0ck.
Some are just little men in little cars, some are little men in big cars, some are bruisers in 4x4s, some are White van men and some are quite simply fast drivers. We all have our own theories.
If push came to shove, my list of the usual suspects would be:
1) Range Rovers, and assorted large 4x4s (well they do cruise rather effortlessly;
2) Big Mercs/BMs/Jags/Audis;
3) Repmobiles;
4) White van men.
I always think: It's your licence chum - get on with it!

(PS: Never noticed any C drivers behaving badly though :D :D - probably too busy admiring their amazing good taste in cars :dk:)

I always think: It's your licence chum - get on with it!

Usually my approach too, watch them go and just ignore them. My thought is that law of avaerages says they will get their just deserts at some point, I just hope they don't cause injury or worse to some innocent 3rd party.

It's not the make of car it's the perceived £££ value. or as I think they see it "I can't afford it, so U can 'F' off"

I agree with this. The general public are very much mistaken on alot of things. They are so misinformed on a multitude of issues.
Take my S600 v12 gas guzzler. Never a problem with the friends of the earth crowd. My father inlaw has a diesel range rover and get loads of cards etc left on his windscreen saying switch to a more enviro friendly car.

I remember when i had my w210 and some guy said as i parked, 'how long you gonner be' i said 5 mins. He said 'look at you with your i own the road big merc thinking you can do what you want'
I thought , christ i bought it for 3k would he have assumed i was arrogant if i was driving a corsa

I think it's to do with the fact that a lot of companies including mine are now offering C-Class's as company cars. So most people who have it as a company car won't care about driving it nicely to look after and will just drive like c0cks, especially on the motorway. Was the same with the 3 Series and A4 previously. And as we know the C220 and C250 cdi's are pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom