Have all the c*cks moved to MB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmmm, not sure whether to post this as I was complete idiot, but I will anyway and get my knuckles wrapped no doubt.

Last week I pulled onto the M11 from the A11 heading south, I pulled into the overtaking lane and sat behind a guy in a grey W204 C Class, he passed the lorry going up the slight incline and.........stayed in the outside lane, the inside lanes were clear and I pulled back into lane one.
As we approached the next lorry I pulled back out and sat behind the C Class again.
Again we over took but he just sat in the outside lane.
There was another car to over take but it was a good 1000m ahead, and as this guy was doing between 65mph and 70mph it took a good 5 mins and nearly 5 miles! to over take it.
Once he did he still stayed in the outside lane.
I had at this point been behind him for 12 miles now and almost 15 minutes.
I flashed him a couple of times and he slowed down to 60-65mph.
I didn't get close to his bumper or anything and flashed him a couple more times as I thought maybe he had not seen me, he did have two women in the back and he could have just been chatting and in his own little world, however the women then started turning round and looking at me.
I sat behind him for another 10 minutes and then pulled into the inside lane put my hazards on and started to go passed him, at which point he accelerated to 80mph.
I then pulled back behind him thinking he had clicked and would then pull over, he didn't he just slowed down again.

I then pulled back into the inside lane and started to go passed him, he swung into my lane and i had to break hard, he pulled back into the over taking lane and let me undertake.

I got a the most horrific looks every from everyone in the car, and it was stupid, but I was at the Harlow exit at this point which is 22 miles later, and in all that time we had passed maybe 30 cars, it was not a busy day.

I was annoyed with myself for getting baited into undertaking, but really, why would someone be such a selfish cnut??!!
Why couldn't he have just overtaken and pulled back in again? I would have passed him in 10 seconds dead.

That stretch of road opens up to 4 lanes and as I looked back at him from about a mile away he was still sat in the outside lane with a train of cars behind him.

He was an older gent as well, around 65ish I guess, so not doddery old, and certainly someone who you would think is too chilled with life to be like that.
But I can't think what they would have been saying in the car? The other bloke and the two women I mean.

In the circumstances you describe Gizze, I have every sympathy for you - similar incidents have happened to me. Question is in the context of this thread: was dickhead a dickhead because of the car he was driving or would he have been a dickhead whichever car he was driving??:dk:

Perhaps he was a foreigner and thought he was in the 'slow' lane undertaking everyone else? :)

I mentioned it because I said to my wife at the time, the cocks have gone from BMWs to Audis and now I'm in a Merc they are moving to them!!!

However, you're right, this silly old git would have been the same in any car.

I do think they should make people have at least an hour driving on the motorway once they have passed their test before they can get their license and then another hour after 12 months to drill it home again.
I am sure, like this guy, they don't even think they're doing any thing wrong.

C Class is going to become a popular company car, especially the recent facelift in 'sport' trim. A number of reasons spring to mind...

1. 2.1 engine so you can claim back 18p per mile fuel cost and actually profit on business trips (the equivalent Audi/BMW is under 2 litres and the rate is 14p per mile for a car that does similar MPG to the C Class)
2. Pretty good CO2 figures now = less tax
3. Sat Nav currently free (moreorless) on Edition 125s, so a 'good deal' for those who aren't allowed to specify options, and a slight tax advantage for those that are.
4. Nobody wants a BMW 3 series until the new model comes out next year now, those that must have the 'latest and greatest' will choose the recently facelifted C at present.

and the most important reason...

5. Stupidly bright DRL LED strip for those motorway fast lane c0cktard antics.

I've got a C350CDI for the weekend and have been trundling along at 65-70mph just to see what MPG it will potentially give compared to the 250 I had a couple of weeks ago (50+ is attainable believe it or not). Unfortunately this one is the 'Sport' model and I haven't worked out how to turn those stupid striplights off!!

Last edited:
I mentioned it because I said to my wife at the time, the cocks have gone from BMWs to Audis and now I'm in a Merc they are moving to them!!!

I see a pattern emerging here.....:ban:

However, you're right, this silly old git would have been the same in any car.

The situation you describes happens to most of us I think. I get what I call - "A driving lesson in sticking to the speed limit from infront" You see some drivers think they are duty bound to keep everyone to 65 - 70 and they will do so by hogging the outside lane and weaving about infront of you to keep you to the speed limit. It makes my blood boil. Who is to say their speedo is accurate.

I will say nothing about RSPB or National Trust Stickers and hats on back window ledges at this stage:devil: And why male drivers - Never happens when a woman is behind the wheel.

I have a theory...

Its all the BBC. Between Radio 1 and Radio 4 as well as that ginger imbaceel on Radio 2 people drive so fast so they can get out of their cars sooner to save their ears the above drivel its on the Radio....

This post is aimed at a particular member who told me they listened to Radio 4...now I understand their below combined MPG figures is all I will say.

Si I say ban that fat bloke Chris Moyles, the ginger bufoon and all of Radio 4 and the motorways will become an idyllic paradise.

I agree with this. The general public are very much mistaken on alot of things. They are so misinformed on a multitude of issues.
Take my S600 v12 gas guzzler. Never a problem with the friends of the earth crowd. My father inlaw has a diesel range rover and get loads of cards etc left on his windscreen saying switch to a more enviro friendly car.

I found this too, I got some green comments about driving a Range Rover, never so much as a second look in a 5.5 supercharged V8 though:D.

I see a pattern emerging here.....:ban:

I know, starting to worry about myself! :(

Before I know it I will be looking at a Range Rover Sport*!! :wall bash:

*I do like RRSports by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom