Head up display after market

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a driver you should be monitoring all about you and your vehicle especially speed, so why need this unit?

Reactions: 219
As a driver you should be monitoring all about you and your vehicle especially speed, so why need this unit?

I always thought a HUD would be a gimmick but I had an A8 with it in for about 6 weeks and it was great. You can see the speed you are doing without really taking your eyes off the road. The A8 also displayed the speed limit for the road you were on plus simple navigation. I found it very handy and would spec it in a car if i could.

Just

Just reinforcement. Depending on the dash layout and the number of cars I drive it can be hard to remember where to look. It its in your line of sight and therefore hard to miss.

The number of cars adding it tell you its in demand.

I like the look of Lennox's model, I must admit. I like to have the steering wheel and driver's seat set as low as possible. The downside of this is that the wheel then blocks my view of the speedometer. This would solve that. Plus, being able to set it for kmh should be a great advantage on the annual pilgrimage to the Loire.

EDIT

Looking at fitting after market Head up display that plugs into ODB port

Something similar to this
4.5" Car HUD Head Up Display OBD2 Port Speedometer Projector Speed Warning Gauge 748904277462 | eBay

I want to mount it on top of the centre speaker grille on dash so I can feed the wire down towards the ODB port.

1)any fitted one and how do you find it?
2) best way to feed cable downwards, I was thinking remove speaker grille easy enough to do then using net curtain wire towards the drivers side, or remove centre console and feed wire down then towards the driver side floor?
3) any advice or tips

TIA Rom
Hmmm , that unit is of dubious legality - there are rules about obstructions/distractions within the driver's field of view . It does not need to be a material obstruction , anything that distracts the drivers view of the road would be unlawful . Your car is not a jet fighter aeroplane .

Hmmm , that unit is of dubious legality - there are rules about obstructions/distractions within the driver's field of view . It does not need to be a material obstruction , anything that distracts the drivers view of the road would be unlawful . Your car is not a jet fighter aeroplane .

Yes it is aeroplane LOL

Hmmm , that unit is of dubious legality - there are rules about obstructions/distractions within the driver's field of view . It does not need to be a material obstruction , anything that distracts the drivers view of the road would be unlawful .

It's the muppet with both dash cans and mobile phones/sat nav devices attached to the windscreen that annoys me.

My dash cam is part of my rear view mirror. And the heads up as you see is minimal. Most of the time I forget it's there but do when it's speed alert goes off. I drive rather positively and briskly. All my male influences did so its hard to relearn. Whdn the kids are in the cars that's different. Though they want the windows down to here the " pop pop bang bang". Yip influencing the next generations of ASBOs. 😎

L;ennox With all that crap on the dash that driver should never be let out on the road .
I would have taken an HUD but without anf OBD port its a no go for me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom