Head up display after market

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Looking at fitting after market Head up display that plugs into ODB port

Something similar to this
4.5" Car HUD Head Up Display OBD2 Port Speedometer Projector Speed Warning Gauge 748904277462 | eBay

I want to mount it on top of the centre speaker grille on dash so I can feed the wire down towards the ODB port.

1)any fitted one and how do you find it?
2) best way to feed cable downwards, I was thinking remove speaker grille easy enough to do then using net curtain wire towards the drivers side, or remove centre console and feed wire down then towards the driver side floor?
3) any advice or tips

TIA Rom

Looking at fitting after market Head up display that plugs into ODB port

Something similar to this
4.5" Car HUD Head Up Display OBD2 Port Speedometer Projector Speed Warning Gauge 748904277462 | eBay

I want to mount it on top of the centre speaker grille on dash so I can feed the wire down towards the ODB port.

1)any fitted one and how do you find it?
2) best way to feed cable downwards, I was thinking remove speaker grille easy enough to do then using net curtain wire towards the drivers side, or remove centre console and feed wire down then towards the driver side floor?
3) any advice or tips

TIA Rom

Hmm, I am not in any way an electronic expert, but I am thinking that I would rather spend my money elsewhere. ! What Quality are you expecting for the Price Listed? :rolleyes:

Hmm, I am not in any way an electronic expert, but I am thinking that I would rather spend my money elsewhere. ! What Quality are you expecting for the Price Listed? :rolleyes:
Agree price seems very cheap but reviews were pretty good so thought its worth a punt, will try it first without stripping the car to route wires

No, nothing dodgy-sounding about that...

And what is your point? :rolleyes:
Within one advert, the advertiser claims to be located in three different places. Sorry it wasn't clear.

Ahh, I see,my bad for NOT reading the EBay Add, I still think it's a piece of Sh!t though! 😏
Unclear why you're being so rude and sarcastic when I'm agreeing with you?

My concern is that you'll need to remove it from the dash every time you park the car? It looks too much like a mobile phone and can tempt thieves?

Also, does it come with the transparent sticker plate for the windscreen?

Remove it? Looks nothing like a mobile phone. More chance they would just want my car.

Yes but not needed. Will post some photos later.

I have come across these before, they seem to work well, i actually have an app for my phone that does speed and direction of travel that projects onto the screen but with 1 fatal flaw, you go round a corner and the phone slides about and it ends up on the floor with scratches on it!

20200725_093236.jpg
20200725_093431.jpg

The level I sit at the wheel blocks me seeing the actual unit. So all I see is the projected speed. I have tried it to the left and right but it needs to be head on. Plus I've set an upper speed limit alarm which is very annoying = effective.

Last edited:
Move your steering wheel down a bit perhaps?

Remove it? Looks nothing like a mobile phone. More chance they would just want my car.

Yes but not needed. Will post some photos later.

I see, thanks, the photos in the ad weren't clear.

Well, do tell us how it all pans-out... if it ticks the right boxes, I might be interested in one as well 🤔

Last year I drove several hundred miles in a BMW with HUD, found it very useful, the only caveat was that on bright sunny days I had to choose between my (polarized) sunglasses and actually seeing the HUD :D

Well, do tell us how it all pans-out... if it ticks the right boxes, I might be interested in one as well 🤔

Last year I drove several hundred miles in a BMW with HUD, found it very useful, the only caveat was that on bright sunny days I had to choose between my (polarized) sunglasses and actually seeing the HUD :D

Had HUD on the last 535d and it was good but paying £25 to retro fit it is even better.

Had it for circa 6 months, works great. Keeps me from being silly and within seconds in this car I'm in always in danger of losing my license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom