Heater still not working properly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naffdave

Car
2008 CLS 320 CDI and 2006 B200 CDI
Apart from other problems with my C230 2.5 Coupe the heater is still not working properly.
Ive changed the front panel and the heater control valve but it still either blows cold or very hot on any setting away from the lowest.
Im getting to the end of my tether with this car would be nice if i could get at least one thing to work as it should.

Dave

Had views on this but please has nobody got any ideas what might be wrong.

Maybe the control panel isn't functioning properly?

Not sure what model designation you have? W203?? Etc. That may help.

You may have the dreaded “broken blend flaps” issue. This is usually (not always) given away by a clicking coming from behind the dash as the flaps, gears and motors attempt to sync on engine start up. The final symptom being as you describe - heat/cold wrongly directed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what model designation you have? W203?? Etc. That may help.

You may have the dreaded “broken blend flaps” issue. This is usually (not always) given away by a clicking coming from behind the dash as the flaps, gears and motors attempt to sync on engine start up. The final symptom being as you describe - heat/cold wrongly directed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no clicking noise and if you do the diagnostic run test all the flaps work fine.

Hi,
Strange coincidence, (see the end of this post). Your description matches ( I think) what was happening on my 2006 clk. There is a (2nd) temperature sensor located in the overhead dome light fitting which being suspended by very thin wires is prone to failure as one of the connecting wires breaks. I purchased a replacement dome fitting on ebay and it had the same issue! grrr. Long story short I fixed it by dismantling the dome and replacing the sensor. I did the fix on the 2 dome lights I now have. All back to normal now. The dome lights are similar on both clks and c-classes but the one ( this is the coincidence) I've just relisted on ebay , is black to match the avantgarde model headlining. Item number is 323660265382 if you prefer to have one that has been repaired. The issue I solved is described in more detail there. Alternatively if you're good with a soldering iron you may be able to replace it yourself.
HTH

Haw you chacked cabin filter they have so mach rubish, is shocking they can get over time looking worst then air filter in engine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom