Hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

King03sh

Car
Ford focus cmax
Hi guys and girls, my name is dan, and im from wiltshire. Currently driving a ford focus cmax 1.6tdci auto (please dont hurt me!)

Iv been lurking here for some time, reading through threads and gathering intel ready for my next mercedes purchase. Unfortunately my previous and much loved 2000 clk 230 kompressor avantguard, was written off by a vandal around 5 years ago. I finally have the funds to get back behind the wheel of a Mercedes following a road accident on my bicycle.

Im now in the market for a facelift w203 manual, either any of the kompressor models or a 2.1 cdi... Looking for as high a spec as possible, within my budget of £2000. Several good candidates are available in my area so I hope to join you all in Mercedes ownership once again very shortly.

I will of course be here to ask you all infuriating questions that have doubtless been asked a 1000 times before!

Welcome to the forum.

I once drove a new 2005 version of the Focus C-Max you mention albeit a manual and I have to admit I was very impressed with it - very good little car.

Be wary of the supercharged (Kompressor) models with a 1.8 engine as these can have expensive timing gear problems (unless the seller can prove they have been resolved).

You are better off with a 230K.

Welcome to the forum.

I once drove a new 2005 version of the Focus C-Max you mention albeit a manual and I have to admit I was very impressed with it - very good little car.

Be wary of the supercharged (Kompressor) models with a 1.8 engine as these can have expensive timing gear problems (unless the seller can prove they have been resolved).

You are better off with a 230K.
Yea its been ok tbf, just had to strip her down and replace the turbo, which was quite an extensive job... so much needed cleaning, flushing and replacing... other than that shes been in the family 7 years and has only requires basic servicing... its just not a 3 pointed star tho :)

Thanks, I am aware of the cam chain issues, I will be keeping an eye out for it as the car at the top of my pile does mention in his add it has a noisy steering pump, I know how people like to misdirect you when they're trying to shift their unwanted cars. unfortunately due to the year of manufacture Im looking for (facelifted) the m111 engine is no longer available, such a shame as I loved the one in my old clk. I was swaying toward the cdi engines, but theres the little boy in me that just loves the whine of those eaton chargers :)

Yes, I know what you mean.

I miss the burble and whine of the Lysholm albeit the supercharger is a bit quieter than the Eaton in my experience!

Yea now I do enjoy driving turbos, my c max is a hoot with the tiptronic box when the boost comes in, just that nothing I have driven since the clk had all that boost on tap from the bottom of the rev range, and that whine is so much more pleasing to my ears than turbochargers.
Yes, I know what you mean.

I miss the burble and whine of the Lysholm albeit the supercharger is a bit quieter than the Eaton in my experience!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom