Help,any CLC owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scot

Car
CLC 220 CDI Sport
I'm trying to display the outside tempreture on the dash, I've read the manual and it seems that you can't do this with British versions. Does anybody know any different ?.

As far as I'm led to believe; You can scroll through the menu and have it display the outside temperature in the large display, but if i'm right in thinking you want it shown on the bottom left of the screen (currently where the kp/h is shown) then it can't be done, due to uk cars needing to show both mph and kph simultaneously because the actual needle speedo only displays the mph.;
When I say this can't be done..... others have had the car coded to remove the UK mode from the car but you would need a Star machine and someone with the skills in using it ( Alfie / Richard) from here come highly recommended.

Sorry to hijack the thread but could somebody also confirm that, when receiving a phone call, there is no audible 'ringing'. I am surprised by it's absence.

Hi Tex277,
when receiving an incoming call, the radio / cd should mute and your selected mobile ringtone should come through the speakers.

Maybe your phone has a profile setting for when its in the cradle ( mines has) just check this is not set to silent when connected to cradle, and as Scot said it should mute the cd / radio and the ringtone should be heard through the speakers

Thanks for the help both of you! I have managed to get my wife's naff LG phone to work correctly with the car but still no joy with my N95. I shall look into the profile settings.

If it makes any difference I do not have the cradle - just using the standard Bluetooth.

I have finally managed to sort it out. A relatively simple software update on the N95 did the job.

Just to confirm…

Outside temp display:
  • select the ‘trip & odometer’ display in the upper instrument cluster display.
  • Press the ↑ button on the left-hand steering wheel controls, et voila!
It won’t actually stay on this setting once you switch off the ignition, although I’d be interested to know if there’s a way of making it do so…

Incoming call:
With my CLC, I use a simple Bluetooth connection to the phone, ie no cradle. When an incoming call arrives, the audio system mutes the CD/radio, I hear a ‘warbling’ tone from the car’s speakers (not my actual mobile ring tone) and the caller ID (if available) is displayed in the instrument cluster display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom