Help needed 😢 Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osgee

Car
C63 AMG Sold, Now W211 E55
If anyone has a AUX belt for a W211 E55 and they live near Inverness, Scotland on anything south of there that would be willing to sell to me I'd be very appreciative.

We are on the leg home of doing the NC500 and my SC belt shredded and has damaged my AUX belt and we still have 300+ miles home. It's a 6PK2450 or as near as.

Most places are closed on a Sunday 20th sept and I'm struggling not get hold of one and not sure if mine will hold the trip home.

New or used anything in damaged.

Thanks.

PFA

If anyone has a AUX belt for a W211 E55 and they live near Inverness, Scotland on anything south of there that would be willing to sell to me I'd be very appreciative.

We are on the leg home of doing the NC500 and my SC belt shredded and has damaged my AUX belt and we still have 300+ miles home. It's a 6PK2450 or as near as.

Most places are closed on a Sunday 20th sept and I'm struggling not get hold of one and not sure if mine will hold the trip home.

New or used anything in damaged.

Thanks.

PFA

Welcome to the forum.

sorry to hear of your troubles.

the nearest EUROCARPARTS store to you that is open tomorrow (Sunday) is Glasgow.

store details: Glasgow (Hamilton Hill)
Unit 9, The Point, Saracen Street, Hamilton Hill
Glasgow, G22 5HT

According to EPC website they have two (6PK2445) in stock (£25.02) at their Glasgow (Bailleston - 0141 781 4100) branch , unfortunately they are not open tomorrow but are on Monday.

Kenny

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be trying there in the morning.

Been a member for some years now. More of a stalker than a poster 🤣

Thanks for taking the time to post that info 👍

The belt size seems quite common across the MB range , possibly your breakdown service may be able to assist ?

K

Halfords are generally open on Sundays - the Inverness branch is in Harbour Rd IV1 1SY - worth a try ?

Next nearest place I can think of is Autosave in Aberdeen, which is a well stocked accessory shop and definitely open Sundays

Other thing , if you can , is stay over in Inverness till Monday and the MB dealer there will be open then ; next dealer down the road is Perth .

Last edited:
Bummer, remembered I had another in spares box but supercharger too.

20200920_095026.jpg

None of the Halfords seem to have store stock.

There is one seller on ebay with one in Edinburgh if you get really stuck, could always message and see if you can collect.

Our local factors in Stirling can sometimes be good, not open till Monday though, think same goes for ECP now. They only have one Glasgow & Edinburgh branch open Sunday none of which have stock.

I’m guessing the OP doesn’t have Mobilo or any other breakdown cover?

If you can’t get the correct belt ( or one slightly longer or shorter which may fit , depending on adjustment of tensioner ) , Halfords used to sell these ‘emergency fan belts’ which you cut to length - and may get you out of a fix ?

Any update?

I sincerely hope the reason we haven't heard back from you isn't that you're stranded by the roadside somewhere .... trying to fabricate a makeshift fan belt out of your wife's tights !

You could try my father in laws garage in invergordon, its called shore garage

Hi all

Big thanks for all the help.

I managed to limp to ECP in Glasgow.

Initially they didn't have any for my car when I gave them the reg but taken the advise of Pontoneer and asked them what length they actually had in stock right now at the branch and it turned out they had 6pk2460 which fitted perfectly in the ECP car park 🤣

So managed to get home safe and sound, so the 1320mile round trip was completed under her own steam.

Thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom