• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Help please 2019 Vito sliding door stuck shut

Dani123

Car
Mercedes Vito 2019
Hi hope someone can help, I have a 2019 Vito van and the passenger sliding door is stuck shut!.
I’m sure it is the actuator that is faulty as I can intermittently hear the motor make a click when cycling the lock/unlock.
Or Could be door contacts but I need to get the door open. Iv trying pushing on the door panels whilst cycling the locks but nothing is happening.
Iv removed the door card but can’t seem to release the door.
Is there away of opening the door without destroying the latch assembly?

I've deleted my scribblings, as looking on ebay I see the 447 lock is a total redesign.
I had assumed it would be similar to the 639.

Sorry I have no useful input.

I'm assuming there are similarities to the 639.

The obvious thought is for the mechanical push button on the door to release the lock.

There are 3 levers on the locking mechanism, these are operated by the cables that pull on them.
One cable has an intermediate motor that pulls (to open) on one cable.

You should be able to pull a lever, or pull a cable to pull a lever.
I would identify the cable from the push button and pull that cable

If you're pulling in the levers and the lock releases then it should open, unless there is an obstruction in the track.
Thanks
The handle on the outside and in is pulling the cables to the latch assembly as it should but they are just free with no resistance. The pop up is in the mid position but won’t move.
I’m wondering if the actuator is jammed.

I'm not seeing where a mechanical cable will attach to this.
On the 639 there are 3 mechanical cables, pull the correct one, or manipulate the lever at the lock and it should release.

Is it possible that your handles and buttons operate electrical micro switches instead?

Maybe others with actual experience of the 447 lock can enlighten.

I've deleted my scribblings, as looking on ebay I see the 447 lock is a total redesign.
I had assumed it would be similar to the 639.

Sorry I have no useful input.
Thanks strangely after taking the van out it has just opened as normal!
Iv now cleaned the contacts and pins. Maybe it was that. Thanks for taking the time to help

Reactions: m80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom