• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Help please! Brake caliper!

Matc88

Car
Ml270 cdi
I'm having trouble removing the caliper. As fitting new discs.

I have followed a guide on here. But my calipers look completly different.

I undone the 4 bolts on the caliper however the two on the back unscrew but won't come out! So the caliper will only wobble abit but won't come free from the disc.

Please see pics.

and any help would be a great. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 23
Forgive me for asking but have you removed the pads? try Utube for some videos?

Last edited:
Undo the clip on the front of the caliper.

When you inscrew the calper bolts, remove them competely. Then push back the piston.

The caliper should then come off easily.

Thanks all sorted, however one of the bleed screws has come off fish to the cylinder. Can I drill it out and get another one?

Also the handbrake light stays on and an ets light is on also.

When I unscrewed the bolts I had to pull them out the rest of the way with pliers not the easiet job. But all went fine. Just problems as above

I would certainly not try to drill out the bleed nipple as if you get it wrong you will be buying a new calliper. Think that you will need a VERY good quality 'easy out' which should fit in the existing hole in the bleed nipple. Can't help with the lights - sorry.

Where do I get ond from?

Also I have bleed the brakes etc filled up with dot 5.1 and pumped brakes, but pell is really hard then goes soft again, I have to put my foot right to floor to get it to just about stop for 1/2 mph.

Think you need to use a pressure bleeder to get rid of all the air in the system. Some but not all systems have a bleed nipple on the ABS unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom