• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Hi

Dan1971

Car
E class estate
New member based in Scottish Borders.

Love forums. Nothing like them for helping people out.

Bought a 2018 E Class AMG line premium estate a few months back. Loving it but the recent very cold weather has pushed me towards getting some spare alloys shod in winter tyres and where better to source them than a forum.

Welcome to MBClub and congratulations on your new car 👍🏻

Hello and welcome

New member based in Scottish Borders.

Love forums. Nothing like them for helping people out.

Bought a 2018 E Class AMG line premium estate a few months back. Loving it but the recent very cold weather has pushed me towards getting some spare alloys shod in winter tyres and where better to source them than a forum.
Welcome

Welcome

Prior to us buyign a brand new GLE in 2016 - I'd been a C class man since 2003.
We moved in 2009 to a close in greater London. I never noted the slight slople leading to the top of the close where we live until 2010 snow fall - as we left work about 4-ish, it snowed like nothing I'd seen for years - got near home and nearly got stuck on a gradient start stop traffic in my C class Avantgarde that has wider wheels to the back and low profile/summer tyres - managed to get home and I though I'd stop and drive in even more gently to avoid clashing with the hedge on one side of the drive and tree on the other - that was it car woul not move - two people tried to push the car no joy - revered down close and manged to park car on main road and did so for 2 days - the snow stopped a couple of days but there was so much that side raods and cul-de-sacs/closes were never gritted and they were skate rinks and no rear wheel auto was able to us

That is until I had put on the back 2 winter contact Continetals - the car gripped better than one of our children big 4x4's

I kept the tyres on until they were worn out

I recommend you put on winter tyres on your current rims from Dec until the start of April and then revert back to the others - costing you about 50/60 quid to change?

NB - do phone your insurance co and tell them - I was with Aviva at the time I think - told them, no surcharge.

Good luck

Winter tyres are not classified as a mod and therefore do not needed to be declared provided that the tyres are roadworthy and have been fitted in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and in specified size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom