• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
i3
Worth a watch, i have lost over a stone -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tips for the win =

Fasting

No carbs/sugar

Healthy Keto

Well all these diet and exercise videos,all have the basic rules of losing weight,everyone will lose weight if you cut down or remove carbs and do more exercise than you have been in the past,your body will always burn carbs when you exercise because it is the easiest way for your body to supply energy remove the carbs and it then has to burn fat which is harder for it to do but without carbs it must do it,and so you will lose weight.

Fat folks thank me later -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let's not use the BMI to measure anything . It's pretty much as flawed as it could ever be.
I certainly carry more weight than I should, but each time I have a medical the doctor always says that my BMI doesn’t reflect my frame, muscle mass, etc and that I would look unwell if I was even close to the “perfect” BMI for my height.

The BMI scale is a bit like the way the powers that be in the UK measure Poverty.....Has nothing to do with the reality of true poverty . I am blessed never to have experienced poverty, at the same time according to the BMI I should be incapable of walking anywhere under my own steam :banana:

Hi , I had my annual telling off from the diabetic nurse at the doctor's surgery.I have type 2 diabetes and my blood sugar levels could be better.I am fortunate that all of my other tests are within specification.

I have lost 10 kg since my last test but it has been suggested I need to remove another 10 kg !

I would ask that all members take diabetic issues seriously.

Boyband , you are the first to mention Diabetes on this thread. I am am pretty sure we all take it pretty seriously , It's hard to find someone these days who does not know someone , either friend, colleague, acquaintance or family, who has one form of diabetes or the other.

My eyes were opened to this many years ago when my slim , fit (Gymnast & Ballet) sister in law revealed she was diabetic. I (stupidly) said "You can't be Diabetic , your' not fat !"

I learned something that day 👍

Hi , I had my annual telling off from the diabetic nurse at the doctor's surgery.I have type 2 diabetes and my blood sugar levels could be better.I am fortunate that all of my other tests are within specification.

I have lost 10 kg since my last test but it has been suggested I need to remove another 10 kg !

I would ask that all members take diabetic issues seriously.

My doc recently put me on Ozempic. It is the latest innovation for type 2 diabetics like me who have been on tablets for years (28) and do not want to go straight to insulin. One minor (sub-cutaneous) injection per week.

However, it is so successful in promoting weight loss that is is reported to be the go-to product for celebs.

I’m 55 years old, 5’11” and 14.4 stone and I haven’t got an ounce of fat anywhere.

I’m confused.
96A73030-C546-452A-AF26-11CD35A5D1AB.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom