• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

I’m 55 years old, 5’11” and 14.4 stone and I haven’t got an ounce of fat anywhere.

I’m confused.
View attachment 132989
I'm spookily close to your result - a couple or 3 years older and the same height, I come in at 27.46. I deffo am carrying a few extra lbs, but still the 34 inch waist I was when I was 35.
S'all bollocks, innit?

Or the other end of the scale.

I am 6 foot tall and a few years back I had a ongoing throat problem and my weight went down to well below 8 stone.

I was so unwell with it that the wife tried to have me admitted (or committed / sectioned, whatever you want to call it :) (( Thanks luv)). )

But they didn't want to know as my BMI was in the acceptable range !!!!

Or the other end of the scale.

I am 6 foot tall and a few years back I had a ongoing throat problem and my weight went down to well below 8 stone.

I was so unwell with it that the wife tried to have me admitted (or committed / sectioned, whatever you want to call it :) (( Thanks luv)). )

But they didn't want to know as my BMI was in the acceptable range !!!!
Like I say, s'all bollocks innit.

My doc recently put me on Ozempic. It is the latest innovation for type 2 diabetics like me who have been on tablets for years (28) and do not want to go straight to insulin. One minor (sub-cutaneous) injection per week.

However, it is so successful in promoting weight loss that is is reported to be the go-to product for celebs.
Hi , my brother lives the La Rochelle area and the way the French treat diabetic patients is different to the UK ( IMHI )

From what I understand in France my brother has an insurance policy to cover 90% of his medical costs.Therefore no doubt they are given the best drugs than the cheap crap we are given in the UK.

Metformin is a cheap multi purpose drug that cures a wide spectrum of conditions

Really hope it works for you.
My doc recently put me on Ozempic. It is the latest innovation for type 2 diabetics like me who have been on tablets for years (28) and do not want to go straight to insulin. One minor (sub-cutaneous) injection per week.

However, it is so successful in promoting weight loss that is is reported to be the go-to product for celebs.
Hi , well it appears that it's a little like Marmite v Metformin but it does appear to have supply issues in the UK.
As you say weight loss if an other benefit as Metformin is used to treat STI

Hi , my brother lives the La Rochelle area and the way the French treat diabetic patients is different to the UK ( IMHI )

From what I understand in France my brother has an insurance policy to cover 90% of his medical costs.Therefore no doubt they are given the best drugs than the cheap crap we are given in the UK.

Metformin is a cheap multi purpose drug that cures a wide spectrum of conditions

Really hope it works for you.

Hi , well it appears that it's a little like Marmite v Metformin but it does appear to have supply issues in the UK.
As you say weight loss if an other benefit as Metformin is used to treat STI

Thanks BB - yes, French healthcare is excellent and friends over here say they receive a much better level of care for everything, especially cancers, than they would receive/have received in the UK.

I can't fault the care Mrs Swotty and I receive. She pays €550 a year for hospital cover but she's had to have 3 ops, so it's paid its way. I can claim it against my French tax. You get 100% cover for specified serious ailments such as cancer. It also applies to diabetes.

Below retirement age you pay 10% health contributions but that stops once you reach your national (UK for us) retirement age ... 65 for me and 63 for Mrs Swotty.

I believe Ozempic is not cheap but the doc was keen for me to go on it as I can't get my levels down. I'm 5'11, 12 stone and fit, so not overweight.

However, I have hollow legs and we live in the Bergerac wine area! 😃

Fat folks -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If the OP is carrying out a survey, yes to all the questions :D

Reactions: JHS
Had a nhs health check done, all fine bar cholesterol which has just breached over 5 - will soon get it below.

Happy boy !

BMI had me as obese even when I wore 32" trousers. Don't worry, I now earned the title, but it might be an outdated UOM.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw this today and was gob-smacked by his 36 hour fast every Monday. Impressive but....?

And then it went on to talk about his sugar dependency. A stream of Mexican Coke (the cane sugar variety, not "Liberal marching powder"), and a mid-morning sugary pastry (Cinnamon roll or a chocolate pastry).

Bizarre sugar dependency for such a workaholic.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.36.39.png

Trying for a 36 hour fast, success = 08.59 tomorrow as last food was 20.59 y'day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom