Hmmmm. One for the driving guru's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I habitually move over when approaching an incoming slip road The number of dawdlers and indecisive drivers I have seen joining at 45 MPH triggers my sense of self preservation.

Me too. The other thing I'll do is move to lane 3 even if I'm holding someone up if traffic is queuing in lane 1 to leave the motorway as often someone will stop in L2 trying to merge, or someone will pull out of the queue. There's a junction off the M40 south were this happens most times I pass it.

There's nothing wrong in moving into lane 3 in anticipation.

However moving into another lane while causing an obstruction to another vehicle is an issue.

And while the repmobile *should* have anticipated how things might evolve, you shouldn't haven't relied on it.

And if you haven't seen the repmobile... well, then you should have.

So if the repmobile was already in lane 3 when you moved out and into its path, then what you should have done is remain in lane 2 and reduce your speed (yes, to 56mph....).

What the repmobile did obviously amounts to very poor driving (high speed and poor anticipation), but concentrating on your own driving, I believe it could have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom