Horn doesn't sound when locking car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When my car locks, the door mirrors fold in, that's my visual cue that the car is actually locked.
Yep, mine too, plus the indicators flash plus the door pins go down, that's enough for me, but if the OP wants an audible warning aswell that's up to him. :)

Reactions: 219
Yep, mine too, plus the indicators flash plus the door pins go down, that's enough for me, but if the OP wants an audible warning aswell that's up to him. :)

He's only ensuring all his neighbours know it's locked, that way they won't come to his door late at night to say they think he hasn't locked his car.

Got my last problem sorted out and now this has popped up. When I lock the car on the remote the lights flash and the horn sounds, or at least it did. Now the horn doesn't sound although the lights flash and the doors lock. The horn itself is working fine, it just no longer sounds when locking the car. Does anyone know if there is a separate fuse or something that could be the problem here? I've checked through the diagrams of the fuse boxes but can't see anything that would relate to this. Any ideas?
Why would anyone want the horn to sound when locking their car ?

One of the advantages of Mercedes vacuum operated central locking is that it is silent ; unlike the noisy clattering of solenoids employed by more plebeian vehicles .

Reactions: Ted
I thought use of the horn was legally restricted in the UK e.g. not allowed between 11:30 and 07:00, only allowed as a warning, etc. ?? :dk:

One of the advantages of Mercedes vacuum operated central locking is that it is silent ; unlike the noisy clattering of solenoids employed by more plebeian vehicles .

This ^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom