How do we open boot lid inside the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yong

Car
C200 SE
Hi All,

I'm new to here. I just bought a used car 3 months ago, not very familiar with all the functions. Apologize if I post this question in wrong place.
I usually open the boot lid using the key outside the car.
But can we open the boot lid inside the car?
I checked the manual mentions there is switch on the driver's door, but I didn't find it on my car. The car is C200 SE manufactured in 2019.
Attached are the photos of manual and my car door.
On the manual, lable-15 shows the switch for boot lid.

Thanks,
Yong

Attachments

• manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 46
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 46
The boot release switch is item 15 in your first picture, does not look as if your car was specified with an electric boot switch. I think you can get a printout of your cars options, either by contacting your dealer or input your vin number in :-
vindecoderz.com

kc

The boot release switch is item 15 in your first picture, does not look as if your car was specified with an electric boot switch. I think you can get a printout of your cars options, either by contacting your dealer or input your vin number in :-
vindecoderz.com

kc
Thank very much.
I can use car key to open boot, but need to close it manually.
I think there should be a way to let driver open the boot lid inside the car, if there is no switch button there should be some other way to do it.
vindecoderz.com shows the car is a 2002 year C-class which is in German, looks like this is not correct information.
I've contacted dealer, hope they have the answer.

Thanks,
Yong

Use lastvin.com to decode the vin.

I think that was an option if you had the electric open/close and convenience package.

Your car was obviously not specified with it. The manual will cover all options (if fitted) to that particular model of car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom