Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess the old adage is correct - "no sense, no feeling"

Yo, ho, ho...

I've got a great idea, we'll both sit an approved IQ test.

You can't have it both ways. Many of you complain about over-regulation and the Country going soft, then cry like babies when there is a bit of reality...

You are obviously a Cotton Wool kind of person.

Boo...!! :D

When was this?
I was told that if a driver suffers a "jumper" and can't work, they can leave work with an enhanced package or continue to work and receive a lump sum award.

I would say the risk of a jumper is a risk of the job and maybe candidates should be vetted to see if they can accommodate that.

So the money will make up for it then?

"Ruined life? Don't worry have some cash, it will make it all better"

I don't think this is always the answer, do you?

So the money will make up for it then?

"Ruined life? Don't worry have some cash, it will make it all better"

I don't think this is always the answer, do you?

That was my point...;)..but you don't get the compo without proving the "stress".

The figure mentioned to me was £38k for a jumper. If I remember when I see someone I'll see if I can confirm.

Yo, ho, ho...

I've got a great idea, we'll both sit an approved IQ test.

You can't have it both ways. Many of you complain about over-regulation and the Country going soft, then cry like babies when there is a bit of reality...

You are obviously a Cotton Wool kind of person.

Boo...!! :D

And an IQ test proves.......? Ah yes (supposedly) "intelligence", but not sense or sensibility.

Caring when an innocent (in this case the train driver) is injured (psychologically) is to be decried in your view?

I'm happy who I am.............

PS - you don't scare me:D

Last edited:
That was my point...;)..but you don't get the compo without proving the "stress".

The figure mentioned to me was £38k for a jumper. If I remember when I see someone I'll see if I can confirm.

I'd rather sleep easy at night. Don't need the £38k:)

Having had an idiot run out from the side of the road and onto my windscreen is a similar experience, all I was was annoyed for a few minutes.
After this 'idiot' run out on you, did you have his family screaming at you that you were a murderer?

No?

So if that's all you've got to compare it to someone commiting suicide on a train track, then it's not worth continuing this debate.

Speaking of trains, can someone explain to me why anyone considers spending £32 billion to save about 30 minutes on a train ride from London > B'rum a good idea?

hs2 - Google Search

I have looked for an explanation but I have failed.
Nobody knows what is motivating HS2.

Probably something Clarkson said.

I thought profit was ITV's remit?

Is not the BBC there to use TV tax to make quality programming?

IE not three tired old has beens milking a worn out formula...

The BBC syndicate Top Gear to over 100 countries worldwide with circa 350 Million viewers.

This is dealt with by BBC Worldwide.

The BBC would then generally be part owners of off shoot companies along with key staff in the programme itself in Top Gears case this company is Bedder6 50% owned by BBC 30% by Clarkson and 20% by Andy Wilman (the producer and old Top Gear presenter).

Spin offs from merchandising, shows, DVD's, Stiggy Appearances are then channeled through this company and split between the shareholders.

In 2009 Bedder6 produced a dividend of £1.59 Millon split between it's shareholders. This is completely seperate from the syndication income produced by BBC Worldwide.

Should this forum have a dedicated 'Clarkson' section?

So if that's all you've got to compare it to someone commiting suicide on a train track, then it's not worth continuing this debate.

Actually it's not, but you seem to be emotionally charged about this, so best to leave it.

Should this forum have a dedicated 'Clarkson' section?

what a good idea.like Colemanballs in the private eye of old.

something like "Clarkson follies".

what a good idea.like Colemanballs in the private eye of old.

something like "Clarkson follies".

The medical profession could adopt the word 'Clarkson' when referring to bewildered people with a bank balance as large as their ego. He/She has Clarksons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom