How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are the insurance companies wising up at last?
Renewal note arrived today, four pounds cheaper than last year, so instead of asking for auto renewal which I do not do, are they realising that they have a customer and he might be worth keeping by not ripping him off on renewal.

Quote on CL was £184, comparison website gave most at £280 except Saga (£150) who I will not use cos it is like admitting you are turning into a boring old f***. No do not want their holidays either.:)

comparison website gave most at £280 except Saga (£150) who I will not use cos it is like admitting you are turning into a boring old f***.

im confused... why wouldnt you want to pay less and use Saga? They are defacto 5* rated if I remember right?

^As above. I used Saga until they got cheeky and raised the premium to silly figures. But I shop around every year now.

No problem using Saga. Who is to know and who cares if you are over 50?

Never found saga competitive on holidays etc, assume they will give cheap quote initially then ramp up price, hence staying where I am with insurance it’s Privilege by the way.

Never found saga competitive on holidays etc, assume they will give cheap quote initially then ramp up price, hence staying where I am with insurance it’s Privilege by the way.

I'm with Privilege too. Very competitive.
Saga are OK for first time premium, which will be same as the quote, its not ramped up. But you have to be careful at renewal time, same as most companies. The price goes up a lot.
But you'd see that if you price check every year and don't auto-renew.

Well pleased. Renewal from Aviva today for a multi car policy. Self and wife both retired. 63&59. Protected no claims. 2017 C220 AMG line premium estate & 2011 Mazda MX5 2.0 Roadster Coupe - £397. That will do nicely. ( cheapest stand alone quote for the C Class was £304 elsewhere)

Changed my car last month and expected an admin charge for insurance cross over, no charge. Yesterday rang ins, to change reg to private plate, and was told there was a note to say no admin charge again. Whats going on? This is with the AA, first time with them this year so perhaps that's why, expected £25 each time but no. Insurance runs till next Sept, so will see what happens then. Annual cost me and wife including 90 days European cover £274.

Admiral multicar for me & the wife we pay £720 for both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C207 E350 Coupe, 4 years ncd £1600, London.

Update new policy £850 with Admiral
5 Year NCD
Clean License
London Postcode

C207 e350 with remap insured + Business use.

Direct line wanted £2000 @ renewal that was £150 increase, called them up did not offer anything better.

Quite chuffed with what admiral could offer beating all other insurers by quite a bit so i bit their hand offl

I find with Direct Line you have to play hardball at times. When the quote last year was 25% higer for no reason I questioned it, especially as by going on-line to them I had a much lower quote.

I simply suggested that all 3 cars, the house insurance and another policy would be cancelled immediately, after a short pause the quote dropped by 20%.

Purchased car insurance this morning.

Renewal from MB Insurance: £264
Aviva: £168

Shopped around via the 4 main comparison sites. Go Compare was the cheapest. 🥳

Don’t understand when you drive for 40yrs without a single claim yet can only get allowed for 9 yrs no claims bonus

It's a percentage. Once you have reached the max discounted percentage(9years) you can't really expect more.....they'd end up paying you.

It's a percentage. Once you have reached the max discounted percentage(9years) you can't really expect more.....they'd end up paying you.
That sounds a good idea 😎

Hi , embarrassed to say but it's more than that !
Nowt to be embarrassed about my friend. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom