HRH crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The reporting about the non wearing of seat belts is another non issue in itself - he is only placing himself at risk ; the Royals don't use the NHS so any consequential cost to himself from injuries arising from this would be bourne by himself . If he wants to pay the fines ( if they ever were given ) then that is up to himself . There may be an argument in that his apparently disregarding one piece of legislation ( we don't know that he does not have a medical exemption , although the vehicle is of an age where fitment and use of seatbelt is mandated ) goes towards a cavalier attitude towards driving and the law in general ...

You sure about that?

You sure about that?
They're always booking into private hospitals and seeing their own private consultants - I can't imagine HRH sitting in A&E with the riffraff waiting his turn .

They're always booking into private hospitals and seeing their own private consultants - I can't imagine HRH sitting in A&E with the riffraff waiting his turn .

The Duke was taken to an NHS hospital following the crash.

Yep, there are so many possibilities yet some posters have decided it was the Dukes fault already.

Probably perving at Daisy... They're only human.

Yeeeee-haaaaa!

Reactions: 219
The Duke was taken to an NHS hospital following the crash.
Quite possibly , but one can have private appointments in such places .

Quite possibly , but one can have private appointments in such places .

For clarity, you defended him not wearing a seatbelt as 'the Royals don't use the NHS'.

Private appointments (assuming that they even exist - aren't all hospital appointments private?) for the royals doesn't mean that they don't use the NHS, in fact, it could be argued that the additional palaver of royals using the NHS is more disruptive than if they didn't.

Private healthcare is very unlikely to be as useful as the NHS for emergency situations. My wife had the option to transfer to a private hospital this Summer but all the good kit is at the NHS hospital, private is great for planned procedures.

If I may?

I had an, in-insured, disqualified, no MOT & no Tax car / Driver reverse out his driveway onto a main road. Sadly for me, my C55 AMG Wagon was occupying the bit of road that matey above was attempting to reverse onto.

He hit my car hard enough to cause £3.5k’s damage.

Anyway, the police showed no interest at all in this until I wrote to the local PCC. Then after almost a year he was taken to court and prosecuted (a fine and ANOTHER ban) followed for him.

The Police did state that reversing into a main road without ensuring that the conditions allowed it was a NO NO. They referred to the Highway Code.

But matey boy would have had zero action taken we’re it not for me writing to the PCC and complaining. During this time he continued to drive the same car in the same conditions which the Police were very aware off as I kept phoning them to complain about that.

Oh. He looked nothing like PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For clarity, you defended him not wearing a seatbelt as 'the Royals don't use the NHS'.

Private appointments (assuming that they even exist - aren't all hospital appointments private?) for the royals doesn't mean that they don't use the NHS, in fact, it could be argued that the additional palaver of royals using the NHS is more disruptive than if they didn't.

Private healthcare is very unlikely to be as useful as the NHS for emergency situations. My wife had the option to transfer to a private hospital this Summer but all the good kit is at the NHS hospital, private is great for planned procedures.
Indeed. My wife works in a large NHS university hospital and next door to her unit is a private wing. They are forever coming over to "borrow" stuff and sometimes even expertise.

A good friend of mine used to be a theatre nurse, both NHS and private. She said when something went badly wrong in a private theatre they just dialled 999 and let the NHS sort out their mess.

She said when something went badly wrong in a private theatre they just dialled 999 and let the NHS sort out their mess.

Yeah ummm this isn’t true...

I see that the other driver has now had a letter from the Duke, and guess what? It's published in a newspaper. The BBC reported that she had said (with nauseating hypocrisy, if true) that it was all she wanted - "a little human kindness". No dear, what you wanted was a chance to make some more money.

I see that the other driver has now had a letter from the Duke, and guess what? It's published in a newspaper. The BBC reported that she had said (with nauseating hypocrisy, if true) that it was all she wanted - "a little human kindness". No dear, what you wanted was a chance to make some more money.
... and get to be on the radio and telly.

A very carefully constructed letter which at no point admits guilt. A good bit of damage limitation constructed by the palace PR team under no illusions this wouldn't reach the press, in fact --- probably in anticipation of same. In terms of the media rushing to obtain a story from the "victim" I imagine they will have been trampled underfoot by a veritable stampede of " Have you or a near relative been recently injured in a road accident " compensation lawyer brigade.
I feel sorry for the Duke as I would feel sorry for any older driver who may have reached the point where he or she should perhaps hang up those driving gloves for everyone's sake including his/her own. It's not as if he would be deprived of mobility with a driver personally assigned to meet his every local transport need.
On the large amount of publicity this road accident has aroused I would offer that like most people involved in show business the day the Royals cease to be the subject of public interest is the day they should start to get worried.

I had an, in-insured, disqualified, no MOT & no Tax car / Driver reverse out his driveway onto a main road. Sadly for me, my C55 AMG Wagon was occupying the bit of road that matey above was attempting to reverse onto.

He hit my car hard enough to cause £3.5k’s damage.

Anyway, the police showed no interest at all in this until I wrote to the local PCC. Then after almost a year he was taken to court and prosecuted (a fine and ANOTHER ban) followed for him.

The Police did state that reversing into a main road without ensuring that the conditions allowed it was a NO NO. They referred to the Highway Code.

But matey boy would have had zero action taken we’re it not for me writing to the PCC and complaining. During this time he continued to drive the same car in the same conditions which the Police were very aware off as I kept phoning them to complain about that.

Funny how it's never like that on the endless Bodycam Motorway Interceptors With Cameras programs.

Taking away a car from an elderly man is very difficult. My wife had to stop her then 93 years old father driving. He was forever scraping and damaging his and other cars. He could see no fault with his driving.....He cried when she sold his car - last vestige of independence I suppose.

Taking away a car from an elderly man is very difficult. My wife had to stop her then 93 years old father driving. He was forever scraping and damaging his and other cars. He could see no fault with his driving.....He cried when she sold his car - last vestige of independence I suppose.
Very sad .

Hope he went on for a while after .

My mother, 85, had a letter today saying she is to be assessed within the next 5 - 6 months. She's resigned to taxis but still feels she'll lose a bit of her independence. It's easier around home, but she has a second home on the north coast and thinks she may never see it again.

My brother and I had to do this to my Dad at age 90. He has macular degeneration and can hardly read 4" print in front of him. Sad but necessary.
Still going strong with his 94th due next month.

Re HRH, the passenger is coming off as a awful woman. Reported in one of the red top rags that she didn't notice the sun shining on the day of the collision despite a photo of it blazing away. She is after publicity and £££.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom