HRH crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My mother, 85, had a letter today saying she is to be assessed within the next 5 - 6 months. She's resigned to taxis but still feels she'll lose a bit of her independence. It's easier around home, but she has a second home on the north coast and thinks she may never see it again.
Not sure that she should be driving taxis either frankly.

My mother, 85, had a letter today saying she is to be assessed within the next 5 - 6 months. She's resigned to taxis but still feels she'll lose a bit of her independence. It's easier around home, but she has a second home on the north coast and thinks she may never see it again.
I’m sure that , as a good son , you’ll take her there :)

Presumably he can still drive around the many royal estates?

He can also still venture onto the highway with his pony and trap , which requires no licence .

I was also bemused that he reportedly handed the licence into police , when it should go back to DVLA to be cancelled .

He can also still venture onto the highway with his pony and trap , which requires no licence .

I was also bemused that he reportedly handed the licence into police , when it should go back to DVLA to be cancelled .
Possibly could not afford the stamp :)

Reactions: 219
Or contrite at causing an accident and realisation he shouldn't be driving on public roads any more?
Either way, a wise decision. Let him cause havoc on the Royal estates instead.

I don't mean the decision, more the method.

Reactions: 219
Norfolk Police confirmed that the duke had surrendered his licence to officers and it would now be returned to the DVLA. The investigation file for the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service, which said it would take the latest development into account.
I would suggest that surrendering his licence to the police was possibly at the suggestion from the police or the crown prosecution service decision as to whether he would be charged with a road trafffic offence or not. The fact that someone was injured is usually a strong indicator for prosecution if an offence was deemed to have been committed.
Police and CPS Relations | The Crown Prosecution Service
see the section on
Pre-Charge Advice and Charge Decision
The referral to the CPS for a Decision whether to charge a suspect is sometimes referred to as Pre-Charge Advice. This is the most frequent interaction between the police and CPS. It is governed by the Director’s Guidance on Charging, elsewhere in the Legal Guidance, The Guidance is issued under the provisions of section 37A of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) and sets out arrangements prescribed by the Director of Public Prosecutions for the joint working of police officers and prosecutors during the investigation and prosecution of criminal cases.
On occasion a case referred to the CPS may require further evidence to be obtained before a charge decision can be made. In such circumstances the Prosecutor will advise the officer of the further material required in order to obtain a charging decision.

Last edited:
Came across this little gem last night . Got me thinking - a change of lyrics , shoot a new video could be a hit all over again

His name was Philip .....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Philip will not be prosecuted over crash

quote:-
Chris Long, Chief Crown Prosecutor from CPS East of England, said: "We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence."
Well , we probably wouldn’t want to see Phil up in court vs his missus - too much like a domestic.

Well , we probably wouldn’t want to see Phil up in court vs his missus - too much like a domestic.

Probably for the best. The last family squabble among that lot got somewhat out of hand and lasted four years, from 1914 to 1918.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom