• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

I drove a W220 S320 today...

I do hope our paths cross some day, perhaps at a meet once this covid stuff calms down, or perhaps when I finally get around to doing a Scotland road trip that's been sitting on my bucket list for a very long time - I do appreciate how you're able to share history in such a digestible and interesting way through natural conversation.

We can make it happen - I look forward to meeting you and your family :)

No real point to this thread other than to say, wow I have a new deep founded respect for W220s!

After a week of near-death experiences bouncing around a Greek island in a Jimny, I lucked out in the airport run - the guy turned up in a 220. One of the best 10 mile rides in my life. Super-smooth, quiet, well-damped, magic-carpet ride.

By coincidence, this was in my in-tray this morning.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008232829811

£8,100 for a one owner 2007 W221 S350 on 36k miles, with "allegedly" a full MB Service history. And ISOFIX, not that it really matters.

Probably yours for £7,500

Caveat emptor, yada yada

Personally, I'd always have an S500, but that's just personal V8prejudice.

Just a thought

0496821ea00945b6a20ce5cd11a3569c.jpg

That is a lot of car for the money !

I’d echo the V8 recommendation. As good as the diesel is, the S500 is fantastic.

Just remember - that level of car can, and possibly will, bring an eye-watering bill at times. £60k plus cars can bring bills commensurate With their original cost - they don’t get cheaper with age !

Reactions: 219
I'd go for the S500 too (I did/do) especially if doing a lesser mileage.

You won't save a fortune running an S350CDI over it unless you do much bigger miles.

And diesel stinks, sound crap and are less-well-spec'd from factory.

Reactions: 219
Yes, sorry I was referring to the one in the ad

Yes true, pre-facelifts are 320CDI.

Shows how much I'm interested in diesels!

ISOFIX, ya de ya de ya....

Roof rack everytime

Think about it, no tantrums,

No, "Are we there yet?"

No, "I feel sick!"

No crumbs, no spilling of drinks all over nice LIGHT coloured leather interior.

Yup, roof rack everytime, don't start molly-coddling the ankle-biter as they are clever little tykes, give them a penny and they soon want £10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom