I hate growing old!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lotiman

Car
S204 C350 CDi; R171 200SLK; Lotus Evora 400; Lotus Exige V6
Decided to spend today, until rain stopped play, doing a thorough valet on the wife's recently acquired SLK. Gave the leather a really good deep clean, followed by a liberal dose of hide food, then moved on to the rubber seals, scrubbing them with Back to Black, finishing with Gummi Pflege.

Kneeling down to treat the rubber seal under the drivers door, my right knee gave way with a shooting pain that caused me to swear somewhat.:crazy:

Seems my long grumbling cartilage has finally given way. Bugger, I think I finally need to get it sorted. :( Odd thing is, in my mind I'm still only 18 years old.:rock:

I feel your pain. I still think I'm 18 but my body says differently too.

I to remenber taking home 2 bags of cement .One under each arm ,no joke .
Old age is enough .But other illnesses are against you as well . I have myasthenia . and pills keep me alive .
They let me eat ,with out them i wou;ld die .
I to wont give up , if i have a job i want to do no matter how hard it is i will carry on .
I think i will go ^ doing a job on my car .
But if you stop doing them, it will only make things worse .
Keep fit and do all you can .
Just cleaned my car after i leatherd it off .Waited i hour and applied a coat of wax .
Sunday i will have to pay for my actions ..

LOL. At 52 I've battling hard to shed a few lbs in the gym and have buggered up my achilles.

Just went out to clean several years' worth of crap out of the leather seats in my wife's car and....twang! Yet again....

Not as serious as your knee but a reminder that I'm not 18 either.....

I to remenber taking home 2 bags of cement .One under each arm ,no joke .
Old age is enough .But other illnesses are against you as well . I have myasthenia . and pills keep me alive .
They let me eat ,with out them i wou;ld die .
I to wont give up , if i have a job i want to do no matter how hard it is i will carry on .
I think i will go ^ doing a job on my car .
But if you stop doing them, it will only make things worse .
Keep fit and do all you can .
Just cleaned my car after i leatherd it off .Waited i hour and applied a coat of wax .
Sunday i will have to pay for my actions ..

Old hundredweight bags or the newer 25kg bags of cement as a big difference.
Dont give up is my theory as it might make you ill.

I'm 60, but with my dog and my Nordic walking poles I manage between 30 and 35 miles per week nowadays, and work full time. Despite all this, I am struggling to shed a few lbs. On the other hand, I can walk up a 1 in 4 quite easily.

A locum Italian doctor recently told me I was 'borderline obese' (5'7" and size 16). I told him in no uncertain terms that, yes, I was no longer a size 10, but equally I regularly exercise much more than the guidelines of 30 minutes and 10,000 steps per day.

I think we need to accept we are no longer 18 and embrace the huge amount of wisdom we have acquired over our lifetime, and thankfully, due to huge advances in medical science, we have greater potential to go on longer and transmit some of that wisdom to the younger generation. In previous generations, I would have been receiving my state pension now, instead I carry on working, keeping my mind and my body active!

Get the knees sorted chaps and feel better! (My husband is scheduled for a new hip to go with his 10 year old ankle on March 8. I'm hoping that will allow him more exercise).

My 74 year old body houses a two year old knee and a fourteen year old hip both of which reign me in when I get too physically adventurous.

There are aids to help this ageing body cope, especially when kneeling down. I am talking about foam knee protectors purchased from garden centres and used when I clean the lower parts of the car in addition to when I weed.

Thought that I might share this with you, so as you may continue your chores in relative comfort.

There probably aren't many car forums where you'd read so much empathy for getting old. Must say a lot about the age demographic of us MB buyers. :)

I was told by the GP some years ago that I have a 'bucket handle' tear in the cartilage so I imagine it is that which has finally torn and causing the problem. Been resting it today but still can't put my full weight on that leg. Waste of a nice day too as I was intending to finish the valet with a clay bar and polish treatment for the bodywork. :( Ho hum.

Thanks all for the well wishes.:thumb:

Similar happened to my dad a number of years ago playing football when I was young, he had operations etc and now at the ripe age of 60 he still plays football a few evenings a week and on the weekend with me! Although not as quick as he used to be, he's football mad

Similar happened to my dad a number of years ago playing football when I was young, he had operations etc and now at the ripe age of 60 he still plays football a few evenings a week and on the weekend with me! Although not as quick as he used to be, he's football mad

Good heavens, even your dad is a young whippersnapper. Maybe I was wrong about the MB owner age demographic. :D

OK,I admit that I'm the wrong side of 77, can't walk very far and knees and back are shot. BUT... I can still drive a car, drive an aeroplane and drive my wife nuts.
I'm not giving up yet, not while the will to do things is still there.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Gerald no mate , i was talking about 1 cwt under each arm .But by the time i had reached home they were very close to the floor .And i only had to carry them about 150 yards .That was from the shop to my home .But now , the electric kettle is to heavy and i have to use both hands to lift it up. Every one as a cross to bear .But for some, the cross is a little larger .You think your the only one thats ill , till you look around .There are people that are a lot worse than you are .

I am waiting for two replacement knees and currently have Tendonitus in my shoulder.

Thing is, at 18 years old, I was healthy but could not afford a Mercedes....................Now, I have reached the age of Mercedes ownership, my health is going...................Must be a moral there somewhere!

I'm still in my fifties (until this day 4 weeks) generally healthy but with tendonitis in my left forearm and an impingement in my right shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom