I hope it's not one of us !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Too far away to tell (fortunately), and it's not dark blue, so it's not me.

[See Moron of the day - half-way down the page]

http://www.middlelanemorons.com/

So it was OK for the person with the camera to do the same thing was it.
(Pot, Kettle,Black) ?

PJH said:
So it was OK for the person with the camera to do the same thing was it.
(Pot, Kettle,Black) ?
The person taking the pic may have been about to overtake the middle lane moron!

I witnessed a few middle lane morons today, but then Sunday is the classic day for them to be out. Most of them wouldn't last 5 seconds during rush hour but on a Sunday they can take over the motorways! :)

Yes, the Middle Lane Moron is a common source of anger. But there are far worse. Here are my top five. Your experience will vary by location.

1. Caravan processions on major A roads

2. Anything involving a Burberry baseball cap

3. Frantic downhill overtakers/uphill utter lack of power.

4. Grossly overladen family cars (see 3)

5. Horseboxes incapable of exceeding 15mph on the slightest incline.

Thus the Burberry baseball cap wearing driver of a heavily laden car towing a caravan may take comfort from the fact that MB do not yet offer heavy weapons on the options list.

Horseboxes? A local peril. Necessary if you are a horse person no doubt and yes I know nags do not like being thrown about inside. So never going to be anything other than sedate progress, but there are limits to human patience when these are well clapped out, slowly toil up long hills belching smoke or creep through the B roads, all with not a chance of any four wheeled vehicle getting past. GRRRRR!! :mad:

fast lane morons are even worse! " I am doing 70mph so its my right of way even if you want to get past!" TTTTttttthhhhh

:)

I can just about put up with the Motorway Morons, its the cyclists on a country road with his / her family in tow who think that the roads belong to them at weekends. Ever tried to pass them, much waving of arms and rude jestures and all you want to do is go from A to B at a speed within legal boundaries. Oh no no no for them its a crime to do anything more than 15 Mph. Ok had my nag.

Have to agree with
2. Anything involving a Burberry baseball cap
3. Frantic downhill overtakers/uphill utter lack of power.
Its so annoying when you get a typical student car full of Burberrys mates, sitting in the right lane going as fast cas they possibly can (80mph) down a hill, the minute a incline appears there speed drops even further, but a car on their tail flashing headlights as absolutly no effect on them!
Although you shouldnt (not that you should speed either), the only way to get past them is in the left lane. So you pass them, take a look in your mirror and their faces look like they could eat you alive, then they dissapper :bannana: . But if you get stuck ahead in some traffic they will want to tail you!

Forgot to add one more:
1. Boy racer with BASS,
Everytime I get stuck on the North circ, there is always a pratt in a modified civic, nova, etc. Playing his music loud just to annoy people, but the sad thing is you can even hear any words, but that doesnt bother him, hes got BASS :cool: (if you could even call it that), id say it was just noise

you southerners are lucky.......

on the main motorway across scotland (M8) Edinburgh to Glasgow there are only 2 lanes so the middle lane morons all sit in the outside lane and you just have to queue up behind them..... or undertake.....surely it is not ilegal to undertake a line of traffic in the outside lane if you are in the inside lane going faster.....just like approaching a queue of traffic approaching traffic lights when your lane is quicker than the other (all be it at 70 mph) ....isn't it?? :D

and then .....

once you clear the line of numpties in the outsode lane you reach the first slight incline and these flippin' trucks decide to play tag for about 3 miles after trying to push me off the road when they suddenly decide they want the bit tarmac I'm currently in.....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh :eek:

I love my daily commute :crazy: :crazy:

It isn't illegal to pass a car on the left. I know that "overtaking on the inside" is frowned upon but in order to "overtake" you must change lanes, go past something and then change back, if you are just going faster in a lane then I see no problem. I now regularly go past slower cars on either side, I don't think they like it sometimes though!

Thats how i failed my driving test first time. I was sat with the examiner in a driving school car on an A road in north London. Somehow i found myself in the middle lane, and I was too nervous and timid to move over to the left lane, and decided to continue driving in that middle lane awaiting his next turn right/turn left instruction (i was hoping that the examiner wouldn't notice this "minor" fault).

So then a geeza in a red van drives up next to the car i was in, lowers his window, and starts shouting that i shouldn't be "cruising" in a middle lane (he a had a huge grin on his face as he was doing this, he must have known/guessed that the examiner was sitting next to me as i was sitting in a clearly marked BSM car). Needless to say, the rest is history..

Last edited:
aka$h said:
Forgot to add one more:
1. Boy racer with BASS,
Everytime I get stuck on the North circ, there is always a pratt in a modified civic, nova, etc. Playing his music loud just to annoy people, but the sad thing is you can even hear any words, but that doesnt bother him, hes got BASS :cool: (if you could even call it that), id say it was just noise

But it's something you have to experience once.

GrahamC230K said:
But it's something you have to experience once.

mmmm - it's something I experience several times a day as the tw*ts line up at the level crossing near to my house - :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom