I nearly fainted!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Thought i'd ask for a price for renewing my dealer warranty...and ended up with a slap in the face and a kick in the bo**ocks

Hi,

Tony has sent me your e-mail asking about a warranty renewal, If your car is still under warranty and has under 100,000 miles on the clock, then the price of a 12 months extension is £1006.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this.

Kind regards

Damien Walker
Business Manager
Mercedes-Benz of Swindon :crazy: :mad: :eek:

lol...Dam right thought i'd expect £600-700!!

I renewed the warranty on my A class last month. £581. Thought it was a bit high but as I need the vehicle I dont want any unexpected bills and its nice for the piece of mind it gives....

lol...Dam right thought i'd expect £600-700!!

Thats what I was told when I asked the salesman when I was buying what it would cost to extend the warranty once my approved used one ran out

MB quoted me £900 to renew the tier 2 warranty on my '43. Based on the fact that they refused to pay for ANYTHING under warranty during my last 2 service visits I refused their offer with no regrets. The car will now be going to an enthusiastic independent, as MB are far too disinterested in my cars wellbeing to receive my money in this regard.

Thats what I was told when I asked the salesman when I was buying what it would cost to extend the warranty once my approved used one ran out

That may have been the case but as their new car says are 30%+ down they need money from somewhere to keep the glass palace repayments up:rolleyes:

Interesting from a statistical perspective though, just how much do they expect to spend on warranty claims per car??

i will take my chances with a warranty company. All warranty manufacturer claims always seem to end up in the wear and tear department.
peugeot once told me that although they will sort out my gearbox under warranty, i will have to buy a new clutch even though there was nothing wrong with the old one.
They said whenever they work on boxes, they must change clutches
total rubbish. Of course the clutch is wear and tear, and the price of a new clutch was well similar to the cost of sorting the gearbox.
Coincidence? i think not

evdok - have you ever thought about sourcing a warranty though a third party like Warranty Direct? (http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/) . A colleague of mine made a claim for a new air conditioning system £££ and they paid out without any hesitation.

They do various levels of cover depending on whether you're happy for an independent to do the work or would prefer a main dealer to do it.

It's like most insurance - money for rope unless you need to claim. Hopefully you never will need to...

It might be worth a quick quote though?

I will give my local a ring if no luck then i will go for a top third party..if there is such thing!

Cheers all.

evdok - have you ever thought about sourcing a warranty though a third party like Warranty Direct? (http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/) . A colleague of mine made a claim for a new air conditioning system £££ and they paid out without any hesitation.

They do various levels of cover depending on whether you're happy for an independent to do the work or would prefer a main dealer to do it.

It's like most insurance - money for rope unless you need to claim. Hopefully you never will need to...

It might be worth a quick quote though?
Just called them and got quoted £550 for 13months cover if i take it out today, that includes uncapped labor, wear & tear from day one because i am still in the dealers warranty! the only thing they don't cover is the cat unless i pay extra £50..even then 9/10 claims for cats are refused due to bumps and knocks!, i can take it to a dealer for repairs but will have to pay the bill then claim it back usually within 10 days if all OK! if they settle the bill direct then it will have to be taken to one of there approved garages.

What you reckon guys? :confused:

Go for it Evdok (if you think you need a warranty). Due to my car's age I don't have the luxury of that decision anymore!

Weigh up the likely cost of something going wrong (without a warranty in place) and paying for the work, versus having the warranty in place (cost).

Then consider how you would feel about paying for the warranty if NOTHING went wrong in the period covered.

I've had dealings with the warranty direct guys and you can negociate the price just say thats too high and so far they've reduced all the quotes I've had but at least £75

Thanx nimishashar you just saved me £50! but ended paying optional £50 for the comand cover...lol

You need to leave it a couple of weeks with Warranty direct, it was £550 for my 530i sport, let them call me back three times and in the end we got it for £360.

Thought i'd ask for a price for renewing my dealer warranty...and ended up with a slap in the face and a kick in the bo**ocks

Hi,

Tony has sent me your e-mail asking about a warranty renewal, If your car is still under warranty and has under 100,000 miles on the clock, then the price of a 12 months extension is £1006.

Kind regards

Damien Walker
Business Manager
I was sent out a letter as part of a welcome pack form my dealer,three months ago and included in it was a lwtter from MB Warranty/Mondial.The renewal was about £980 for a c-class.However,tucked away in the welcome letter - and I mean tucked away,was a line saying if I took the warranty renewal out within one month of purchasing the car,I could have it for £618,or there abouts.I even telephoned MB Warranty to enquire about extent of cover etc,during this period and no one mentioned this offer,or drew my attention to it.When I got back from my Hols,about 7 weeks into owning the car,I revisited the subject and saw the offer - I was mad ! - after calls to MB Warranty,explaining the oversight and the fact that they did not draw my attention to the offer,they where just stoney and impassionate about the matter - like,well ite just unfortunate Sir etc.I even asked my dealer to help and see if they could apply leaverage,but no luck - Its as if these people at MB Warranty were particularly bothered if I renewed,or not - a take it ,or leave it attitude - I am still left smarting and undecided what to do when the Warranty expires,as I am led to believe Tier 1 is about as good as you can get - but nil points for effort and customer service at MB Warranty.

Hi,

Kind regards

Damien Walker
Business Manager
I was sent out a letter as part of a welcome pack form my dealer,three months ago and included in it was a letter from MB Warranty/Mondial.The renewal was about £980 for a c-class.However,tucked away in the welcome letter - and I mean tucked away,was a line saying if I took the warranty renewal out within one month of purchasing the car,I could have it for £618,or there abouts.I even telephoned MB Warranty to enquire about extent of cover etc,during this period and no one mentioned this offer,or drew my attention to it.When I got back from my Hols,about 7 weeks into owning the car,I revisited the subject and saw the offer - I was mad ! - after calls to MB Warranty,explaining the oversight and the fact that they did not draw my attention to the offer,they where just stoney and impassionate about the matter - like,well its just unfortunate Sir etc.I even asked my dealer to help and see if they could apply leverage,but no luck - Its as if these people at MB Warranty were particularly bothered if I renewed,or not - a take it ,or leave it attitude - I am still left smarting and undecided what to do when the Warranty expires,as I am led to believe Tier 1 is about as good as you can get - but nil points for effort and customer service at MB Warranty.

i dont understand why people want a warranty when its out of the 3 yr period.take the car to be serviced at a good indipendant and keep the warranty money and the money saved on servicing in your pocket,this will more than cover un expected repairs.with the price of used cars falling like a stone i dont feel the full genuine mb history rather than an indi history is worth anything.or is it the "i have mine serviced at mb snob value".
its just a car at the end of the day like a ford or vauxhall.keep away from mb dealers and they will soon drop the rate for servicing.
i wrote 6 letters to mb regarding changing pads at 11k and never got a reply to any...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom