• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

i need advice and opinions on LPG conversion

atsa2013

Hi evry one ....just wondering did any one here get their petrol e.class converted to lpg ....if yes how is goin for you is it worth looking into or not any reviews or advice is welcome thanks

I had my 2.4ltr C240 converted. I had a Romano multi-point injection system fitted and its the best move I ever made.......around Cardiff which is pretty congested it costs me just £14.0-0 per 100 miles. The same in petrol costs me a hell of a lot more. I also do a round trip to the Midlands once a month which is exactly 240 mile round trip and it costs me £22.50 every time.

If it you get a decent company and a decent system like I have then you shouldn't get any problems at all.

Go for it.

Keith

Go for it! MB make good candidates for conversion as they have very hard valve seats, so don't have any issues with valve seat recession that a lot of cars do. I got my C280 converted several years ago and had no issues with it whatsoever. I think I broke even after 18,000 miles. I was lucky to have a good installer who had done quite a few MBs before mine.

14£ for that distance :O thats the kinda figures im looking for.... Thanks for the advice guys ....also would it be any diferent with a kompressor the e200 is the one im thinkin to convert...so its definitely safe and won't do any harm to the engine once installed properly??? ..... Thanks again :-)

If it is installed by a good reputable LPG installer then it will be fine but make sure they fit a decent reliable system. As I said, I have a Romano system. They are tried and tested and probably one of the best on the market.

Keith

Last edited:
Never heard of romano system?
Common onces would think are Stag,Brc,Prins (big daddy of all)?
Bare in mind that in Uk you are being charged double for installation
Had my s500 converted while on holi for 700£, Stag system with keskin injectors - no problems

Romano have been around for years in the UK and were one if the 1st systems marketed here when there was only the single point system at that time. Very robust and reliable unlike the cheap "Mint" system which are prone to many problems.

Keith

Apparently the Polish kits should be avoided, so stick to the big names, most of which are Italian. I'm running an OMVL kit with a 68 litre Stack tank in the spare wheel well.

Polish don't make kits,labour is cheap that is why was cheaper to install.And from experiance most of Uk installer have very basic knowlege about it,called 5 before mine was done abroad and by the way it has been 2 years now and no issues.
They install top brands only as conditions there are much worse then in here.
Take your Uk installed lpg to -20 degree climate and then we can talk

Theres a company advertising on Done Deal supplying and fitting kits .

Never heard of romano system?
Common onces would think are Stag,Brc,Prins (big daddy of all)?
Bare in mind that in Uk you are being charged double for installation
Had my s500 converted while on holi for 700£, Stag system with keskin injectors - no problems

A bit about Romano from one of the leading UK companies that now only deal with them. Great Italian system and I was lucky enough to be hired years ago to do the training video for the LPG industry from which I learned a lot.

Autogas Worldwide - Romano - LPG Conversions throughout the UK

Keith

As I know, "Stag" kit is 100 percent polish product,but its not bad,here in Lithuania it is cheap and popular among LPG installers.pardon for my English :D

I've had a Romano single point system on my W201 2.6 for the last five years and 65k miles. What I've saved on fuel has recouped both the initial cost of the car and the professional LPG conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom