• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

i-pod help please

jon.english68

Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 C204 with Audio 20, being a Coupe its the face lift model with the Aux-in and USB port in the centre console,

I also have an I-pod Nano 5 and I understand that I can get a USB lead to fit my I-pod so I can control it from the stereo

could some one point me in the right direction as to which lead and where to get it from that I need, as I understand it there are 2 options and only 1 will work with the face lift 204.

thanks in advance :thumb:

Same as a prefacelift I imagine, either a male to male 3.5mm jack cable between the iPod/phone to the cars input, or connect via Bluetooth

If like mine your car came with the old iPhone connector then it's just a case of getting an adaptor cable to go between that and the other device

I had problems getting a cheap Ebay special aftermarket 30 pin to lightning adapter cable to work with my Ipod Nano on my 2010 W204. In the end I purchased the official Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter and it now works fine.

Guys Amazon have their own Apple approved cables if you're struggling to find any that are reliable

I have the apple iPod cable but when connected to the USB port in the Merc I have no control over the iPod, it just plays in track order like a memory stick, I'm sure I have read somewhere that Merc sell a cable to connect my iPod so the head unit can control it, but there are different types depending on the model of Merc you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jon.english68 said:
I have the apple iPod cable but when connected to the USB port in the Merc I have no control over the iPod, it just plays in track order like a memory stick, I'm sure I have read somewhere that Merc sell a cable to connect my iPod so the head unit can control it, but there are different types depending on the model of Merc you have Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can control my phone with the car, have you tried the headphone cable method?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom