I really don't like kickdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That would be nice MJ , so many software perameters are adjustable these days.

With the kickdown 2 gears are dropped , were as an exceptable 1 may be dropped depending on rate of throttle input and road incline .

But most of the time great low rpm progress is made with progressively feathering the throttle staying in the same gear .

As an Autocar review said " the engine becomes breathless above 4200rpm" so 4600 limiter has no purpose in going there .

The trouble is the gearbox overrides a flappy upchange with wide open throttle ( WOT don't you know :p ) and chases that 4600 rpm limiter , I think with the amount of early torque and it's dropping off from 2000rpm , 3500rpm is the sweet spot and to attain this it's off the throttle and pull flappy .

Some of us can only dream..

download (3).jpeg

This has to be a troll thread, I'm reminded of the guy who wanted to buy two XXL jackets and sew them together to make a XXXXL one.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the OP leaves a space before punctuation, weirdly another controversial posted does the same, hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe read what you've written...it makes no sense without a "not".

And i thought i was bad on a saturday night bender.

This thread is MBC GOLD , those that do understand and those that do not .

There we go, the amended sentence , my apologies .

Thinking all OM651 biturbo had the same TCU map !

Autocar C250 CDI Coupe review .

"It’s really only when the engine is asked to work beyond 4200rpm – the point at where maximum power is delivered, where it becomes breathless and begins to emit an annoying mechanical thrum, that you notice that there is a four cylinder sitting up front."

Couldn't find a 220 & 250 CDI W204 comparison so found E Class W212 .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The 220 pretty much keeps with the 250 because it's upchanging earlier . Where the 250 flounders in the high revs .

Does a facelift W204 C220 CDI upchange earlier too ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom