ICarSoft not deleting code error code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are not showing on the obd side, only the merc side. Stored srs codes that unsucessfully clear. Im gonna try to fiddle with the connectors under the seats and see if that works
Also try with engine running and engine off ..

Might'v been said.
Faults still present don't clear

The diagnostic services handler and the fault diagnosis handler are seperate. When you request a clear codes, the diag services handler will either respond positive or negative based on whether the conditions for that service are met. It does not know about the status of individual faults.
So even if the reason for the fault was still present you'd expect a positive response to the request to clear codes. The fault will come back, but that's seperate.
Negative response could be conditions not correct (eg engine running), message timing, module or diag tool error. If you were to see the raw response I'd expect it would a better indication, but I guess icarsoft use a generic message for anything that isn't a positive response.

I should point out there is such a thing as a permant DTC (nothing to do with stays of pending or confirmed) that cannot be cleared with a diag tool. It can only be cleared by the module itself when the fault condition has been rectified. These are not common though. If you tried to clear these, you'd get an error response. Doubt they'd be used on the SRS.

Sorry, a lot of words and no real answers for you JimViano32. Just wanted to clear up some of the myths.

Have you tried using the OBD2 section to delete codes , not the Merc specific section of the mb2.
They are not showing on the obd side, only the merc side. Stored srs codes that unsucessfully clear. Im gonna try to fiddle with the connectors under the seats and see if that works
Simply once the faulty part has been replaced then it will let the error code be deleted. As supernoodle states above. sort the physical fault.
if says that the code is stored, then it should be able to be cleared, correct? I know current and stored cannot be cleared as the problem is still going on. these are all on the benz side, not the obd2 side

Try using the OBD2 section and, despite the fact that it's not detecting any codes, use the 'clear fault codes' option anyway. It worked for me a while ago with the iCarsoft MB II, though I can't for the life of me remember which car or fault code it was.

If your not sure what happening be careful reading and clearing with engine running if you enter live feed it may cause more problems I did a few yrs ago on a s class and had to go to a indi with star to clear everything. It appears I had not backed out properly while reading with car running.

Try using the OBD2 section and, despite the fact that it's not detecting any codes, use the 'clear fault codes' option anyway. It worked for me a while ago with the iCarsoft MB II, though I can't for the life of me remember which car or fault code it was.
tried the obd2 section, no change, still with unsucessful cleared srs codes. gonna check the wiring under seats tomorrow

does anyone have an idea on how to remove the yellow connector on the left? has me stumped on how to remove it? Also, when removed, is there a connector spray that should use prior to re-inserting
thanks

Attachments

• mb underseat.jpg
    mb underseat.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 15
It looks like you should be able to pinch the two little tabs on the left and right to release the catches, and pull out?

Maybe the one on the left if broken?

Move the 2 wires out of the way , there maybe a slot or tab to get at buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom