ICE "pauses" briefly after approx 40 mins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dandaw66

Hi everyone, fairly new here...however I have searched and cannot see find a similar issue, so here goes..its a small issue but driving me nuts!

I have a 04 CLK500. It has the in-biult satnav, tv, etc.

Without fail, every day, the radio or cd or whatever I am listening to, has a very quick gap - I mean the music stops for say, 1/2 second - but all the displays, etc are unaffected. Except once, where the display went off for 1/2 second then came back on. No settings are lost, just simply a small gap in audio. It happens EVERY day usually around 45 mins of driving, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes up to 60 mins, but every day.

Now, this of course would be no issue at all normally, but how it was highlighted to me was when I fitted a Viseeo MB-2 bluetooth adaptor, becuase when the "gap" occurs, its causes the MB-2 to stop working (and I have to phycailly unplug it and replug to reconnect to the phone).

Initially, of course, I suspected the MB-2 / phone, but the other day realised that it does this even if no phone is connected. Plus the support guys at MB-2 and the reseller have not heard of this issue, so....

have any of you?

welcome any ideas...thanks....

Does the sat nav fun off a DVD? I'm wondering if there might be a scratch thats being hit at a similar time in your journey causing the system to freeze a little?

Ah, interesting (and thanks for the quick reply).

Satnav does indeed run off a CD - mind you, the blip happens on all trip, to various locations, plus the Nav is not turned on for most.

However, I'll remove the CD on the way home tonight to see.

thanks!

Check all the connection on the back of the headunit, cd changer etc.

Guide on how to remove ehadunit will be on www.mercupgrades.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom