Identification Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
This has been bugging me for a while.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the electronic box that sits next to the car jack is? Below is a photo...

202%20820%2047%2026.jpg

Also, anyone know what the relay and extra fuses in the fusebox next to the battery control/protect? I would have thought it would make more sense to group all the fuses in the main compartment situated in the engine bay.

Thanks guys,

S.

...... and whilst we're on the subject of MB peculiarities.... what's the wire attached to my tax disc holder for... eh' !

Is it a mystery sensor that I don't know about?

(...or something far more boring...)

tax640.jpg

???????

I've translated FAHRTRICHTUNG and it comes back as DRIVING DIRECTION. Looks like it's something to do with that, indicators or something maybe:confused:

Could that Tax disc holder be a telephone antenna?

Last edited:
Looks like a telephone antenna to me.

....does that mean my car is wired for a phone kit then? anybody know ? are there likely to be other wires hidden ? There was no trace of a previosly fitted phone when I bought it.

Was wondering if it was the FM radio antenna actually?

S.

If it is a phone antenna its probably an after market one.

Is there a radio antenna anywhere else? A lot of cars have them built into the front or rear window now.

Originally posted by Simon
I've translated FAHRTRICHTUNG and it comes back as DRIVING DIRECTION. Looks like it's something to do with that, indicators or something maybe:confused:

Could that Tax disc holder be a telephone antenna?

Thanks Simon,

Would the indicators need a whole box of electronics gubbins dedicated to it? :confused: Hmm I dunno.

S.

Richard

Thanks - you are right. The radio aerial is in the rear passenger side window on my car - two thin strips.

Just found some very similar looking tax disc holders to mine on the web, it is definitely a dual-band GSM antenna !

Will have to trace the wire tomorrow and see where it goes - hopefully the rest of the car kit wiring is there, which should save me a job when I get hold of a MB phone console.

S.

It is a car kit tax disc aerial and they probably used a dash mount bracket to fit the kit , hence no holes..
I have one of these brackets in the packet if you want it FREE!!!

Greg

Not sure what sort of bracket you mean - but certainly interested - what else does it need to function as a phone kit ?

S.

This is simply the "non drill" bracket that fits behind the facia by the radio. You then bolt the Nokia or whatever phone cradle kit to this bracket.

I bought it then bought the proper Benz console with integrated speaker for £94 from the stealer...

Your more than welcome to it if its of any help...

Click on my sig pic of my interior below to see it full size with the Benz console fitted...

Originally posted by fuzzer
Is that not the overload protection relay ?;)

Thanks Jason,

Any idea on the fuses and the picture above then?

Or were you talking about the box in the picture?

S.

Hi steve , i was talking about the relay next to the battery.

Is there not a Schematic on the underside of the lid ? From memory this is the compartment with the flimsy plastic lid with the plastic clips on the bottom.

My battery is under the bonnet now in front of the passenger.

steve: infra red closing system control box.

Originally posted by Koolvin
steve: infra red closing system control box.

Thanks K.,

Yet another mystery solved... Top man.
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom