• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Ill again!

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Poxy bacteria! Having only got over a bacterial infection a few weeks ago, it looks like it's back again, and this time it's personal!🤣🤬
Stupid GP surgery, rather than taking my word, based on a lot more experience than they've probably ever had of the infection, have decided that rather than just letting me have the necessary antibiotics, I have to go and see them this pm. So, instead of getting on and hitting it with medication, it has already become much worse in the space of only a few hours - yep, it move fast this bug!😖

Poxy bacteria! Having only got over a bacterial infection a few weeks ago, it looks like it's back again, and this time it's personal!🤣🤬
Stupid GP surgery, rather than taking my word, based on a lot more experience than they've probably ever had of the infection, have decided that rather than just letting me have the necessary antibiotics, I have to go and see them this pm. So, instead of getting on and hitting it with medication, it has already become much worse in the space of only a few hours - yep, it move fast this bug!😖
Hope you get better soon!

Hope they come up with some good stuff this afternoon.

You got to visit the surgery to see a real doctor??????:oops::oops:

How things get sorted for you Chris and that you're soon feeling better

You got to visit the surgery to see a real doctor??????:oops::oops:
Doubt it will be a real doctor, more likely a paramedic pretending to be. So far they're over 36 minutes late! I think I might have to refuse to see them!🤣

Reactions: JHS
A while back my dog took ill. The vet gave an antibiotic injection, saying it starts to work immediately and last up to 3 weeks. Fast forward I get a severe chest infection and go to doctor who prescribes tablets. I ask him can I not have an injection like my dog gets. Answer-No, we don't do that sort of thing.

A while back my dog took ill. The vet gave an antibiotic injection, saying it starts to work immediately and last up to 3 weeks. Fast forward I get a severe chest infection and go to doctor who prescribes tablets. I ask him can I not have an injection like my dog gets. Answer-No, we don't do that sort of thing.
Go to the vet and say that you identify as canine!😁

All the best Chris, get well soon.

Surprise, surprise, they agreed with my self-diagnosis and treatment plan. What a wasted appointment that could have a) been used for someone else and b) could have been avoided and got me treatment at least 8 hours sooner, which with the speed of progression is quite significant. 🙄

Surprise, surprise, they agreed with my self-diagnosis and treatment plan. What a wasted appointment that could have a) been used for someone else and b) could have been avoided and got me treatment at least 8 hours sooner, which with the speed of progression is quite significant. 🙄
But at least they kicked the ball eight hours down the line.

It's that lack of scrutiny again. That belief that "Doctor knows best" and that an National state health insurance provider or an alternative doctor shouldn't be allowed to challenge the GP.

Hope it all sorts itself out promptly over the weekend.

But at least they kicked the ball eight hours down the line.

It's that lack of scrutiny again. That belief that "Doctor knows best" and that an National state health insurance provider or an alternative doctor shouldn't be allowed to challenge the GP.

Hope it all sorts itself out promptly over the weekend.

It wasn't even a GP that I saw. 😒

It is precisely because you are having repeat infections that they need to see you.
That is a rather disingenuous response.

If the prescribed antibiotics haven't worked over a period of time then it is perfectly reasonable to be asked to attend the surgery for further assessment. It may be that another consultation and examination that might show a change in symptoms could result in the need for a change in treatment either at home or possibly in requiring admission to hospital.

It wasn't even a GP that I saw. 😒
Tish…

I had a similar conversation with a Pharmacist this week.

In loco GP

It is precisely because you are having repeat infections that they need to see you.

That is a rather disingenuous response.

If the prescribed antibiotics haven't worked over a period of time then it is perfectly reasonable to be asked to attend the surgery for further assessment. It may be that another consultation and examination that might show a change in symptoms could result in the need for a change in treatment either at home or possibly in requiring admission to hospital.
I would have been quite happy to be sent for IV antibiotics, as the infection is particularly vigorous in its action.
In the space of a few hours, from me first recognising something was wrong, to seeing someone, it went from a small amount of discomfort to swelling, edema, redness, joint pains, etc...
The pills, whilst eventually effective, take about 5 days to cause any noticeable improvements.
If I'd actually been seen by a GP fair enough, but being examined by somebody that knows nothing about my very 'complex' (word from my consultants) doesn't feel like it really achieves much benefit, beyond getting to see that I have an infection and it's rapidly worsening.
As I'm on immunosuppressive medication, with various weird bloods as a result, I'm more prone to infection, including certain recurrent problems, so recognise the pattern with them.😔

Hope it gets sorted promptly. I’m sure it will.

They’re more wary of IV than most realise because blood infections (sepsis) take out 50,000 a year. Scary numbers. A thousand a week.

Just another one of those HCAI stats that never get publicised, unlike that HCAI thing that got so much publicity three years ago.

Get well, let it fix itself.

Hi Chris
If your onset of symptoms are that bad - next time (and I hope there is not a next time!) - simply call an ambulance.
For quickest ambulance response - just let them know you have chest pain and shortness of breath.
Hope you feel better soon
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom