indicator setting up mist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
Anyone come across this problem?
Sometimes the turn signal, and the hazard lights, make the amber light in the rear demister switch blink on and off as well.
I get round it by switching the demister on and off.
but if you leave the hazards on, and the demister starts to blink, it will eventually switch off the hazard lights.

The auto elect says he does not know what the problem is and that every other light switch is working well.

Its possibly an earthing fault - i.e a bunch of circuits (rear demister and some indicator bulbs) go to the same earthing point that is lose or corroded
- But I dont know where the earthing points are on W202, and my suspicion is that the rear window will earth to an earthing point very near it, whereas the turn signals earth somewhere in the boot.
Although it could all be controlled via the rear SAM and there could be an issue with grounding there quite easily

You see this (for instance) when the car in front brakes and their brake and indicator come on dim, or indicating has the brake light flashing dimly as-well.

Richard

For anyone experiencing this fault, just found it after searching for months as it was becoming a hazard for the mrs. Indicators just refuse to work and instead the rear demister light comes on flashing in its place in the centre console. apparently it is a common fault on prefacelift w202.
there is a silly relay number 2028204626 that was not sitting properly and i have shocked it temporarily with some plastic, till i can make some permanent fixes later.

Saves me £30 for half an hr at the auto electrician

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom