Info Request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
Does anyone have the workshop instructions for fitting illuminated sills to a W204? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Mark

sorry to resurect an old thread but would that link have them for the w245 ( b class ) aswell if it does or if you know where to find it I would be very appreciative I already have the sills and loom but no idea on where to plug them in :wallbash: and I do not want to pay £200 to my dealer to do it for me :eek:.

W245 B Class Sills

sorry to resurect an old thread but would that link have them for the w245 ( b class ) aswell if it does or if you know where to find it I would be very appreciative I already have the sills and loom but no idea on where to plug them in :wallbash: and I do not want to pay £200 to my dealer to do it for me :eek:.

Welcome Scud,
I fitted them in our w245.
I have WIS documents kindly sent by another member that I can forward to you. You will either need to wait until you have 30posts to PM me your email address, or you can post your email on this thread & I will send it to you.
My minor feedback tips here
It may well cost more than £200 for fitting by a MB dealer!
Matt

Last edited:
Welcome Scud,
I fitted them in our w245.
I have WIS documents kindly sent by another member that I can forward to you. You will either need to wait until you have 30posts to PM me your email address, or you can post your email on this thread & I will send it to you.
My minor feedback tips here
It may well cost more than £200 for fitting by a MB dealer!
Matt
Thank's :thumb: I have been trying to find some for weeks !! my e-mail is *****
the dealer said "about" £200 which meens to me "at least" was fitting them a big job ? I have had vertually everything out all ready (glove box / radio/most of the trim ) trying to figure it out myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Got your email address.
Would advise you ask mods to remove it now.
Will send on docs

Last edited:
Illuminated sills brand new are ridiculously expensive.
Dealer even wanted to charge full fitting costs when we were buying our brand new car :eek:
I managed to get some off ebay, which were actually from a MB dealer that was having a clearout.
(When searching ebay, it is worth remembering that many parts on the W245 are shared with the W169 A class, so one may find what one is after under A class/w169 listings)
My local MB dealership charges an outrageous £140/hr labour (+vat I think). Fitting is likely to take 1-2 hrs for someone experienced. I think it took me best part of a day taking my time:eek:.... but then I am not an auto electrician. I am sure an indie auto-elec would do it for a lot less.
Of course the dealers have the full instructions for fitting but will generally refuse to give them out to joe public....

They certainly add a bit of bling to the car & imho are well worth the effort. Particularly satisfying fitting it onself for under £50 for the parts; effectively saving over £500. If it had been that much, I simply could not justify the expense for a trivial 'frippery'.

Anyway hope the fitting goes smoothly.

As an aside, I have got all the parts needed to fit 'puddle lights' into the doors, but have not got around to fitting them yet. There is no guarantee they will work, but I think there is no reason why not as they are there on EPC

Let us know how you got on & feel free to ask for extra help if any problems!

Got them many thanks :thumb:.
has your car not got puddle light's ? I thought they were part of the interior light pack along with footwell's/vanity mirrors/ grab handles.
Just 1 question did you'r car have the accsesory loom already fitted ?

Last edited:
It did not have puddle lights, despite having the interior lighting option which just gives; illum vanity mirrors, rear reading lights(in addition to standard front) & illum footwells.
It has the space in the door card for puddle lights, which is filled with just a red reflector.

The accessory loom was not fitted. It cost approx £9-10, I think. It is a simple loom, but for the faff in constructing one, it is worth it.

It did not have puddle lights, despite having the
It has the space in the door card for puddle lights, which is filled with just a red reflector.

The accessory loom was not fitted. It cost approx £9-10, I think. It is a simple loom, but for the faff in constructing one, it is worth it.

Same as Mine It has reflectors in the front & rear doors but no lights :dk:.
I will order the loom tomorow like you said for the sake of £10-ish its not worth the faf then all I need is a dry day to fit them.

I see you have privacy glass- that was not available in 2008- had to get aftermarket tints
vario seat pack useful too- sometimes think should have got this. Really MB should have made something like that standard on a MPV, ditto comfort pack ('is the standard car uncomfortable then?')
What is the manual box like to drive? Is it a 5 or 6 speed?

I see you have privacy glass- that was not available in 2008- had to get aftermarket tints
vario seat pack useful too- sometimes think should have got this. Really MB should have made something like that standard on a MPV, ditto comfort pack ('is the standard car uncomfortable then?')
What is the manual box like to drive? Is it a 5 or 6 speed?
Yes after market privacy glass, the car rides much smoother than a sport (won't corner as hard though) its also quieter (far less tyre noise) the manual box is great its a 5 speed. although if I were going diesel I would probably chose the auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom