• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Interesting encounter with factory installed rear view camera/mirror.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
In a non-Mercedes demo car for a few days which has a lever on the rear view mirror to switch from mirror view to camera view. Wow, maybe I’m easily impressed but this was good. Real clarity and visibility and easy to adapt tp. And one push of the lever and back to mirror👍 Camera view:IMG_2024-08-21-192925.jpeg

Or mirror view:

IMG_2005.jpeg

I put one of these in my GL, it also has a front facing dashcam as well.
Took a short while to get used to it , I also found it gives better rear view especially if you have a full lot of passengers in the GL.

roviw1 - "One of these" - more details please.

TIA

NJSS

roviw1 - "One of these" - more details please.

TIA

NJSS
I fitted the Wolfbox G900 model,
It fits over the original rear view mirror with rubber straps and has a front facing dashcam, I also routed the supplied wire around the edge of the headlining right through to above the tailgate to install the rear facing camera as well.( The GL has the rear wiper that also keeps the glass clear where the camera looks through.
The mirror is actually slightly offset towards the driver due to the camera but it does not bother me as the little bit of the original mirror on show cant be noticed from the drivers seat, ( it probably sticks out maybe 8mm or so )

I did a search on youtube to see how other people fitted it and how they also reviewed it. I watched numerous videos before choosing this model.

by turning the system off the mirror acts as a normal mirror but the appearance is actually tinted, however it has not caused me an issue.
Using it with street lighting is fine but if the road is dark I have found it easier to turn the screen off to help gauge distance of following vehicles more easily.

The quality is very good and you can choose front, rear , or both images on the screen. You can also adjust the rear camera view up and down a bit to get it just right, by dipping it down it also helps to see the ground nearer the vehicle for reversing as well.
The memory card records the video from both cameras.

Take a look at this link for more details and other models in the same range.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom