Is back in the shed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve I'm impressed with your level of forgiveness, although I suppose the accident damage can't really be blamed on the car as much - although maybe it's magnetically attracting other cars to it?

This 1st to 2nd clunk used to irritate me. What really surprised me is the one we have now does not do it. If it ever comes out of the garage it will be interesting to see what happens as it gets colder, if it sticks around that long.

I know the feeling :D
And, to compound that view, just before going to Russia in July, I attended a friend's father's funeral and used my 211 to take some relatives to the crematorium. Would you believe it - the official cars were 211s!!! I follwed behind and the guests thought I was part of the funeral company!! :D:D:D

My insurance co has stated its intention to pursue the other driver who hit me to recover their costs (approx £3000) and my excess (£600).

get the above in writing

Steve I'm impressed with your level of forgiveness, although I suppose the accident damage can't really be blamed on the car as much - although maybe it's magnetically attracting other cars to it?

This 1st to 2nd clunk used to irritate me. What really surprised me is the one we have now does not do it. If it ever comes out of the garage it will be interesting to see what happens as it gets colder, if it sticks around that long.

David, I really do love the car. I forgot how much joy even the simple commute does. I find excuses to "go for a drive" in it.

Last winter the jolt was routine, without fail. This AM was ok because it was warm and mild. Yesterday was a lot colder and it did that jolt.

Its still not made it between services without some incident. Next time I service it will be in the winter, and it would be nice it did the full 10k (I service it every 10k to be kind to her) without an unforseen trip to the garage.

Developer215/bpsorrel, thats what I am going to name developers car if I buy it, the herse.

Sean, I will pursue my insurance co ASAP.

S320 W221?

Too big, too long and wide for the slightly narrower twisty roads, although maybe not the extent I will think. I'll try and get a test drive in one

I would like an S class, maybe when I am over 30 rather than under it.

The issue I have is I feel I am the pinnacle of my automotive career.

I still feel you need a hack for the commute and then something more fun for GT driving, maybe a 3rd car for w/e blasts. (I'm good at spending other people's money I know)

The E-class is a great car, the ideal all-rounder. But I'm not sure it can ever be described as a 'drivers' car. You're a 'driver', so one day you need to rectify the situation. :)

wemorgan said:
I still feel you need a hack for the commute and then something more fun for GT driving, maybe a 3rd car for w/e blasts. (I'm good at spending other people's money I know)

The E-class is a great car, the ideal all-rounder. But I'm not sure it can ever be described as a 'drivers' car. You're a 'driver', so one day you need to rectify the situation. :)

You're right s wee toy would be grand but I just can't afford a 2nd motor and o can't give this car up o like it too much

Sean, I will pursue my insurance co ASAP.

send them a letter/email confirming your understanding of what they agreed to if they won't send you a letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom