Is it worth contacting a lawyer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A quick update,

The service center have just called me to say they have good news, and they will be replacing the speakers and brakes as goodwill and for the engine shake - a software update will be done along with correcting the bonnet alignment.

should i still the finance company about all this? as i am still waiting a phone call back from them.

How will a software update fix the engine shake? I’d have thought it’s an engine mount issue?

Or have I misunderstood your wording?

well the RPMs dont drop when it shakes on the cold start and it idles at 600 even on cold starts.

My petrol cars (W203 and W204) idled at 600rpm. Not sure about Diesel.

Can anyone spot the difference of the bonnet alignment? or am i just being paranoid :-(
i have a friend that works in the actual factory and says they do have a tolerance level of 2/3mm.

Attachments

• bonnet.jpeg
    bonnet.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 93
Can anyone spot the difference of the bonnet alignment? or am i just being paranoid :-(
i have a friend that works in the actual factory and says they do have a tolerance level of 2/3mm.

Car looks amazing!!!!!!!!!! Re:bonnet is the right side gap slightly bigger?

Yes but his idles at 600 when cold, it should fast idle 750/800 for a few mins

Mine does not seem to be effected by engine temperature, but the RPM drops a bit when I put the car in gear (before driving-off).

I think that with modern cars, the ECU should have no issue in idling the car at the same RPM hot or cold?

Last edited:

Drivers side is noticeably different, especially around the headlight!

Mine does not seem to be effected by engine temperature, but the RPM drops a bit when I put the car in gear (before driving-off).

I think that with modern cars, the ECU should have no issue in idling the car at the same RPM hot or cold?
STAR has settings for idle, Fast Idle and in-Gear Idle

Runju26, I also had the engine shaking issue on my 2012 CLS 350 (diesel) on cold start up. The rpm was then at 550 which was too low and caused the shaking. The dealer applied a software update and since then it now idles at 600 in the summer and 750 in the winter (on cold mornings) for a few minutes until dropping back to 600. No more shaking.
Nice car you have there btw

Runju26, I also had the engine shaking issue on my 2012 CLS 350 (diesel) on cold start up. The rpm was then at 550 which was too low and caused the shaking. The dealer applied a software update and since then it now idles at 600 in the summer and 750 in the winter (on cold mornings) for a few minutes until dropping back to 600. No more shaking.
Nice car you have there btw

Thank you. Got a call from the service center today to tell me my car is all done and all the problems is now sorted.

Will pick it up on Saturday even though they have offers to drop it off, I feel like the f**ker that picked it up had torn it apart on the way there as the MPG was reading 13mpg on the Mercedes me connect app :-(

In regards to their loan car, I have found some medacine called TIREFIT :) in the boot.... looks like it’s done the job for now , let’s see how long it last for though

Please keep us all informed if the car is fixed when you pick it up be very interesting to hear if they are true to there word.

Thank you. Got a call from the service center today to tell me my car is all done and all the problems is now sorted.

Will pick it up on Saturday even though they have offers to drop it off, I feel like the f**ker that picked it up had torn it apart on the way there as the MPG was reading 13mpg on the Mercedes me connect app :-(

In regards to their loan car, I have found some medacine called TIREFIT :) in the boot.... looks like it’s done the job for now , let’s see how long it last for though
I don't know what you are on about.

Maybe take a translator with you next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom