• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Is there a sport mode for the 7g auto boxes with stalk shift

IATM

Car
BMW 318i e90 LCI Sport
Hi Guys,

Just curious if there is a "sport mode" for these auto boxes, usually on autos you have a sport mode which makes the changes seem quicker and keeps the revs higher.

I have an w164 ML and I have the paddle shift which has the d4 d5 settings, wondering if there was a sports mode or any of these would be sports mode?

Yes, in mine here's a button on the centre console to toggle between comfort/economy, sport and manual modes. You can limit the gear in auto mode (D4, D3 etc) using the paddle shifts behind the steering wheel.

Hi Yeah I noticed the "cars" do have it.. however I don't have it on my ML :( no ML has it except for the ML63 lol

now I know the ML is no sports SUV but my ML420 is no slouch either!

ah well lol

Which model is yours, SE or Sport?

I find it a bit strange that they've not put the sport button in?

Sport mode is not on the ML. But with paddle shift and a gearbox that rapidly adapts to your driving style it seems to me hardly necessary. Personally with around 7 seconds 0-62 from the 3 litre diesel versions, I find it fine to just put in drive and let it look after itself.

I tried the 4 litre for a day and that gave vertical take-off whatever gear it chose to be in.

Hi Guys - mines is certainly a sport from the checks i have done and the log book.

Your not wrong it does have shove haha but I was just curious.... I have airmatic with the comfort, normal and sport settings but i dont think this could be linked to how the gearbox would react.

Glad you seem to be enjoying the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom