It's not often......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The old highway code (the version I bough when learning to drive) used to have this pic on the front cover to press home the point. All those people who seem to find this difficult should have this pic glued to there dash!!! Obviously this only applies if there are not big white arrows painted on the road (for the "hard of thinking") telling you otherwise......which seems to be all new roundabouts these days. Just noticed the price....LOL.

View attachment 129155
Wow, there's a blast from the past. I had exactly the same copy of the code.

The new high way code is a joke. I have given up on it. It used to make sense but now nothing does.

Roundabouts used to be mostly standardized, now its a lottery as to which lane is the correct one for your intended exit.

Its no wonder most people are confused or in the incorrect lane or no lane at all. I often think the people who design the roads these days do it purely from simulated software and don't actually drive them selves.
If they did, they would realize how the real world works and its nothing like the software they use. Not even close.

The new high way code is a joke. I have given up on it. It used to make sense but now nothing does.

Roundabouts used to be mostly standardized, now its a lottery as to which lane is the correct one for your intended exit.

Its no wonder most people are confused or in the incorrect lane or no lane at all. I often think the people who design the roads these days do it purely from simulated software and don't actually drive them selves.
If they did, they would realize how the real world works and its nothing like the software they use. Not even close.

Totally agree. This roundabout I've nicknamed "Suicide Island" - it's just a fricking lottery coming down the A43 to go up the A14. Supposed to use RH lane on A43 to then jump across to lane 1 and 2 on the RB itself, but it's generally a nightmare most nights. Plenty of times cars have aborted and gone all the way round!

Picture1.jpg

I certainly sympathise with you, but I wouldn't have put my car at risk ! if some idiot isn't signalling at a roundabout, just wait a few seconds, nice that you won, but at the risk of a dent or two ?
Agree how silly to put ones car, self & possibly passengers at risk. All to do with manly ego, a need to be appear superior & attempt to educate others. The intelligent approach is to drive defensively & be adult enough not to overreact. Like silence doing nothing & NOT reacting is much more powerful.

Totally agree. This roundabout I've nicknamed "Suicide Island" - it's just a fricking lottery coming down the A43 to go up the A14. Supposed to use RH lane on A43 to then jump across to lane 1 and 2 on the RB itself, but it's generally a nightmare most nights. Plenty of times cars have aborted and gone all the way round!

View attachment 129160
Wife and where on there yesterday and it`s a bloody nightmare I nearly took someone`s back end off, I was very polite and said Golly Gosh what a layout this is

View attachment 129160
This is Junction 15 of the M1, went through here the other day, they're still doing work on it. I came off south bound and wanted to get onto the A508, I dread to think what it's going to be like when it's finished.

1656604985426.png

Just straight line the roundabout if going straight ahead, preferably at high speed, that way you maintain speed and the wimps keeping in their lanes are toast.
Even better if you do it with a caravan with a massive pendulum sway on the back!

Or better still with 60 ft and 32T of wagon and drag;) Damhikt....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom