Just bought my first mercedes, cls55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee1092

Car
CLS55 AMG
Hey, I'm new to this forum.
Just part ex'd my vw passat cc for a mercedes cls.

IMG_46607735227309_zpscbaxgurn.jpeg

I'd been looking at cls's years ago but due to my age I couldn't really afford one. I was looking at getting a diesel first but ended up with the passat cc. 3 years later I checked my insurance and was very shocked at he cheap it was to insure a cls55 amg! Within 2 months I got this

15085429876_e105558863_o_zpsflwrz5mq.jpg

14921860318_7bace42863_o_zpsvhkpl789.jpg

15108398575_f69552dd75_o_zps8bw6xngu.jpg

It's had a few bits done, piper cross air filters, silencers cut out of the exhaust, lowered using lowering links, brabus 3 piece alloys and genuine carbon splitter, boot lip and side skirts.

I'm wanting to put a genuine front grill and badge back on it and the v8 kompressor badge back on the wing. Then just enjoy it! It's a lovely car to drive! My previous cars where all 1.1/1.4l Peugeot 106's until my passat cc which was a 2.0tdi so the 5.4 supercharged v8 is crazy compared to the previous cars!

Just waiting on the documents to come back so I can remove that horrible reg plate too!

Looks nice, was going to ask about the reg as it's a bit odd!
Quite an aggressive drop though.
Welcome to the forum and well done.

Nice car the photos look a bit professional welcome aboard.

Thanks! I've only had it 2 and a half weeks but I've only had chance to drive it 4 or 5 times so far!
I love my low cars, this is the first car I've had that had good performance though so I don't think it'll be going any lower. Although its only a 5 minute job to change the height at the front! The 'speedbump' height mode is very handy though! Don't think I'd get into my street without it

The reg plate is stupid! Attracts way too much attention too lol. Although I've been offered a grand for it twice in the 2 weeks I've had it! Hopefully get the documents through to put the original reg back on then I can see about putting my own on.

Looking at possibly changing the supercharger pulley and having a remap soon too once I've saved up a bit of money for it

Although its only a 5 minute job to change the height at the front! The 'speedbump' height mode is very handy though! Don't think I'd get into my street without it

How do you go about that?

Nice, kinda like the 'Brabus' style front gril

Adjustable lowering links... The same as how I lowered my CL, they are easy to fit!

I remember you saying once, how much/any danger of breaking the air suspension?

(sorry for the thread hijack!)

I remember you saying once, how much/any danger of breaking the air suspension?

(sorry for the thread hijack!)

Think they were £100ish off ebay, I did mine myself quite easily! I have had afew problems with my suspension but no more than any other CL, mine is hydraulic not air though...

I can give you a hand to fit them if you get them and want!

Very nice Lee, welcome to the forum! I love that last pic you posted. I like the passat too, is that X5 wheels I spy?
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your splitter?

What a stunner congratulations !:)

All I can say is cooooooolllll car!!!!!!!!:cool:

You and Killerhertz can get into a modding war :D great for us to watch but expensive for you two :thumb:

Very nice cls mate. Looks mean....

Thanks for the comments!
As for lowering yeah it's on the links, I've not had a proper look myself but I know the front of the car doesn't even need to be jacked up to adjust, just put full lock on!

The previous owner done the carbon bits and I believe he got a local place to him to do the splitter and side skirts then bout the boot lip spoiler off the Internet .

Where abouts are some meets? I know a lot of vw/Audi meets but no mercedes!

Good to see another North East AMG.....
If your going for a pulley and Re-map the best place to go is MSL (Birmingham) which may seem a fair distance but is by far the best place by far for AMG's thats near us.

Looks stunning in the photo's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom