Live Traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jules335

Car
E53 AMG Coupe
I have noticed in my E53 coupe that the Live Traffic does not always work. It’s strange but seems to be mainly in the evening when I leave work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Does your car have COMAND navigation, or Audio20 with Garmin Map Pilot?

And when you say 'live traffic', do you mean the free TMC service, or the subscription-based TomTom Live Traffic?

The E53 has COMAND as standard. I think it is subscription based. You get 3 years included from new. It was working fine again this morning. Maybe it is a reception issue.

Funnily enough, just last week I said the same thing in my C63. My CLA45 used to give me visuals on the screen of the traffic condition on my route. IE Yellow, amber, red. More often than not it doesn't show on the C63. Strange?

Dan

Sometimes Mercedes forgets to pay the bill.

Mostly seems ok for me (2017 C63) but at times it can lag behind, Waze/Google Maps aren't 100% either.

Use Waze on your phone. Traffic etc. is their speciality. Mercedes is offering an inferior option.

Mercedes uses TomTom Live Traffic which I use on a TomTom device in my truck and it’s 100% better than command is in my car with live traffic mainly because the TomTom has a visible traffic bar that shows you the length and type of delays and how far away you are from them.

If command did this it would be loads better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom