London Bridge stabbing - shots fired

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
Looking at the footage of the shooting on YouTube - it looks like there is a struggle on the ground and then people seem to scatter before the two shots from the armed police.
The haste to get away from the guy on the ground makes me think that they thought he was wearing a suicide vest - the police would have then shot him to prevent him from detonating it.
Cheers
Steve

LN.jpg

There were reports he was wearing a vest so it makes sense. Also makes sense why the police were backing off even though they had guns. If he had a knife and/or a suspicious vest, especially on London Bridge then he deserves to be shot IMO. Whether he stabbed anyone or not, criminals who carry knives with the intent of haring others should get the message that it could cost them their life.

Who is the guy running away from the scene with a large knife?

The guy who took the knife from the suspect. Personally I'd have dropped the knife a little sooner. A hero.

Thanks R12ts.
I thought as much but as you suggest, he risked becoming a target. Also surprised the police didn't instruct him to drop it sooner to preserve fingerprints but I guess they were preoccupied.

Risky manoeuvre but nuff respect to him.

If it had been me, I'd have laid the knife down then guarded it until the police collected it. Or I'd like to think I would! In the heat of the moment with gunfire and a man shot dead.....who knows?

Looks as if he got the knife far enough away from the attacker to neutralise him. Amazing how the public step up in these situations.

Shooter had good training!......POS is dead......

Another header going mad on the streets. Thoughts to all the family’s that were caught up in the
terrible inhuman act.
But to be honest it’s time the law
came down on all who carry weapon no matter what age. a slap on the wrist is not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom