Look out old Norton security users ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Every year i purchase Norton internet security off Ebay ..For one reason its cheaper . So when you set the Norton security up on the computer for the first time ..you have an option to buy automatic when it expires ..Make sure you . dont agree to renew it when it is coming to an end . I have had Norton from day one when i had my first Windows XP like 25 years aprox .So now my old Norton security is coming to a close after 12 months i get this messagefrom Norton to say renew it now for £13-99 for 12 months thereafter £74-99 .
I support what you say word for word..........

I have used Norton for over 20yrs but did come to an end last year when they took my renewal fee of £69 ? one month before expiry date and did not warn me by email...they said they did but they didn`t.

I did get my renewal amount refunded after a few emails going to and fro so then i used BitDefender and what a load of worry that was scan this scan that every time i went to a site online and even had to scan my cd drives before i could use them even with cd`s i had recorded myself.....some sites online were blocked permanently for no reason ........over cautious were not the words to use so i just dumped them and went back to Norton for about £15 for the year and no bother at all even using onlines sites which were previously blocked.

If you stop the auto renewal with Norton they don`t use all the protection that you pay for so the best thing to do is keep it on and then turn off one month before or as in your case you had the renewal email......just pay the £13.99 and be done far easier and you have a superb anti virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom