• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Looking at 96 W124 E300 Multivalve Diesel

tomghannon

Car
1992 W124 300TD, 2001 W210 E320CDI
Hi,

I don't want to hijack the other similar thread so here goes.

I have been offered a 1996 W124 E300 Multivalve Diesel Estate. I haven't yet seen the car in the flesh but the seller has Emailed me some photos and it seems to be in very good order. It's not top spec (no aircon) but does have full black leather, 7 seats etc. and 176K miles.

I have a 1992 300TD 7 seater already which this car will possibly replace so am am aware of most of the problem areas to look for i.e. rust on front wings and rear quarter panels etc. Is there anything to look out for on the engine/drivetrain and does this car have the documented issues with the wiring loom?

My own car has 237K miles and has just undergone a full body respray with two new front wings and a full repair on the two rear quarter panels. It will be put up for sale if I decide to go ahead and purchase the car detailed above.

Thanks for reading.

Since you`ve just restored your car,I`d say stick with it

Since you`ve just restored your car,I`d say stick with it
+1. Unless you will get it dirt cheap then swap seats and some other goodies and sell it and still keeping the better one.

Is there anything to look out for on the engine/drivetrain [of a 606-engined car] and does this car have the documented issues with the wiring loom?

No

Nick Froome

Have you done a VRT check on the car , its gonna be over 600 euro . It could be better to use the car as a parts doner for your own 92 car and save this extra cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom